Funfetti Golden Oreo Ice Cream
Golden Oreos are crushed and stuffed into a creamy homemade funfetti ice cream for the perfect spring into summer treat! This Golden Oreos ice cream will become a family favorite in no time.
Got some golden Oreos lying around? Silly question I know but I got a great use for those odd ones you didn’t get to. (Leftover cookies don’t exist in my house, just saying.) But if you happen to have self-discipline, let’s crush up your golden Oreos and stuff them in some creamy homemade funfetti ice cream. How’s that self-discipline doing now in front of this Funfetti Golden Oreo Ice Cream??
To be honest, I didn’t always have a thing for ice cream. I will grumble along as I follow the hubster to an ice cream stand every summer. Although once there, I will gladly indulge in a blackberry sorbet (addicting!!) But I think my slight ice cream aversion was because I was missing the homemade aspect.
As with almost everything, homemade ice cream is the BEST. Like seriously creamy, delicious, and just totally amazing. And guess what? You are the boss of everything that goes into it! Not only can you pronounce all the ingredients, but you can also be as creative as your right hemisphere can let you.
Of course, my right hemisphere screamed sprinkles as soon as it saw golden Oreos and I gladly obliged 🙂
Remember this Baileys Mint Oreo Ice Cream from a few months ago? That was my first experience with homemade ice cream and of course, I was hooked after that addictive combination. But now, this funfetti golden Oreo ice cream is taking things to a whole other level that I am not sure I am going to be able to handle. T
his time around I used a quicker vanilla ice cream base (not the custard method) mainly because we wanted ice cream stat and added in crushed golden Oreos and lots of funfetti at the end of churning. The resulting combination of creamy vanilla ice cream and crunchy Oreos is just amazing. And if you don’t believe me, just try it.
You will totally fall in love with Oreos all over again. After all, as Sheldon Cooper says “There’s only one cookie with something in the middle that solves life’s problems… and that’s an Oreo”.
- 1 cup whole milk, chilled
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream, cold
- ½ vanilla bean, seeds scraped (or two teaspoons vanilla extract)
- 1 cup chopped Golden Oreo cookies
- ⅓ cup sprinkles
- In a the bowl of an electric mixer with the whisk attachment, whisk together the milk , sugar and vanilla bean seeds on low-speed until the sugar dissolves, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in the heavy cream until combined. Turn on your ice cream maker. Pour mixture into the freezer bowl and churn until thickened, about 20-25 minutes following the instructions of your manufacturer. During the last 5 minutes of mixing, add in the chopped Oreos. During the last minute, add in the sprinkles.
- Transfer ice cream to a freezer safe container and freeze for 2-3 hours or overnight.