White Chocolate Peppermint Nut Bark
Your favorite white chocolate peppermint bark is elevated with a variety of mixed nuts for deliciously powerful addition to any holiday festivity!
Thank you Planters for sponsoring this post!
There is something special about white chocolate and peppermint. It’s obviously my favorite combo of peppermint (you shall see soon!!) even though I enjoy the occasional peppermint mocha, white chocolate is where it is for me!! To start off with these two this year, I focused on a snack/ hangout food/ midday break type of food! Can you tell this white chocolate peppermint nut bark has been popular?
As the holiday season fast approaches and families gather, snacks and bite-sized treats are the hardest part of entertaining for me. I always focus on the main players (turkey, roast chicken, sweet potatoes) and dessert. But I forget what people can snack on before and in between meals. I’ve been using a bowl of nuts to get people along. So easy and entertaining made easy. However, this year, I am taking things to a different level. This white chocolate peppermint nut bark will be sitting next to my bowl of mixed nuts from Mr Peanut as a sweet option.
This white chocolate peppermint bark is made with high quality white chocolate, peppermint extract, candy canes and topped with a variety of nuts! I love the combination of both sweet and salty crunchiness going on in these easy to make barks. My labmates have been snacking on them during the dreaded 3-4 pm sugar low and just love the flavors in the barks. I am sure you will too so try making these and keeping them in stock as you have guests visiting this long weekend!
Wishing you all a Happy early Thanksgiving. Have a safe long weekend!
- 4 ounces White Chocolate Bar (I used Ghirardelli), chopped
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- A handful of crushed candy canes
- ½ cup Planter's Deluxe Mixed Nuts, chopped
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper.
- In a heat-proof bowl, combine the white chocolate and oil. Set over a double boiler and melt chocolate until smooth. Remove from heat and whisk in peppermint extract and crushed candy canes.
- Spread chocolate onto prepared baking sheet and smooth the top using an off set spatula. (Thin out if you want a thinner bark). Scatter the chopped nuts on top of the chocolate.
- Let chocolate cool and set, about 30 mins.
- Once set, break apart chocolate bark into smaller pieces.
barks with all of the above 🙂 It’s impossible not to #GoNuts! You can find more entertaining ideas with Planters on MrPeanut.Tumblr.com. Mr. Peanut makes holiday parties classier!
Don’t forget to put out the good stuff this holiday season! With their unique combination of good fats, dietary fiber, and vitamins and minerals, nuts make a deliciously powerful addition to any holiday festivity.