Raspberry Lemonade Muffins
One of my favorite things about summer is the vast amount of fresh fruits especially berries in season and my breakfasts definitely reflect this. I usually have a bowl of mixed berries with yogurt but when I want to spice things up a little (aka I have a little bit of time on Sunday and I’m bored) I whip up some muffins for an easy grab-and-go breakfast. And lately I’ve been all about fresh fruits in my baked goods (blueberry bundt cake and strawberry cupcake).
These raspberry lemonade muffins are no exception. They have a good dose of fresh raspberry and lemon making them tangy and perfect for summer or spring since that was when I first made them.
I’ve been holding out on you on this one. This is the third time I’ve made them in the past three months. In my defense, the first time wasn’t a planned blog post, just a simple muffin for breakfast. But they were so moist and I loved the raspberry lemonade combination very much that I decided to remake them a few weeks later to share with you guys. Never got around to the pictures because half of the jumbo muffins disappeared in a day (Mr J. is slowly learning that he can’t just eat everything on the counter). Luckily third time was the charm and they were just as amazing as the first time.
A moist muffin with two of my favorite summer flavors; it’s a win-win situation here! You can substitute your favorite berries (strawberries, blueberries or even blackberries) to satisfy your craving. I hope you can find time this summer to whip up these muffins. You won’t regret it!!
Raspberry Lemonade Muffins
These muffins have a good dose of fresh raspberry and lemon making them tangy and perfect for summer or spring!
¼ cup butter, room temperature ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt 1 cup sugar 2 eggs, room temperature ⅓ cup milk 1 tablespoon lemon zest (about 2 lemons) 1 tablespoon lemon juice 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder ½ teaspoon salt 1 cup fresh raspberries For crumb topping: ¼ cup flour 2 tablespoons butter, cold 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (about 2 lemons)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
For crumb topping:
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, cold
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin tin with liners.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, yogurt and sugar and beat for one minute until combined. Add in eggs, one at a time and beat to combine. Add milk, zest, lemon juice and vanilla and continue beating for another minute.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the wet ingredients in three separate batches, mixing each time until well combined. Fold in the raspberries by hand using a rubber spatula.
- Divide the batter evenly into the prepared muffin tin cups, filling each ¾ of the way. To make crumb topping, mix crumb ingredients in a small bowl and work the butter into the mixture with your hands until it is crumbly. Sprinkle on top of muffins.
- Bake muffins for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in muffin tin completely.
These look awesome! You’re making me want to get in the kitchen and bake a batch.
You totally should this weekend!
Zainab, I am so with you on fresh fruit in baked goods! These muffins look divine and these photos will just keep my mouth watering until I can whip up a batch myself 🙂
Thanks Amy! Hope you can make some soon.
I want one, no two of these with my coffee this morning!
I love this combination. I dont think I have ever come across a combi like this.
It’s my first time to combine the two as well and I can’t believe it took me that long.
Raspberries + Lemon = LOVE! I definitely need to play with this recipe. I have a container of blackberries in the fridge too – hmmm…
Oh yeah blackberries would totally work!!
love the combination! delicious
I think I remember you telling me about these, Zainab! They look delicious and I know they are too! Pinning!
Yes I did tell you about them Julie. Thanks for pinning!
I love a crumb topping and it is so interesting that you made them with Greek yogurt. Sounds great! Jodi @ http://www.meaningfulmama.com
Jodi, I love using greek yogurt in muffins. Always makes them moist!
I’m so very obsessed with everything lemonade-flavored right now! These muffins are definitely on my must-try list. Thanks for the recipe! Pinned for later. 🙂
Michelle @ Ya Gotta Have a Hobby
Thanks for the pin! I am loving the lemonade flavors too!
These are right up my alley! Love the flavor combo! Thanks for linking up to Sweet & Savory Saturdays #22
~Amber @ Dessert Now, Dinner Later!
These look so yummy!