Orange Hazelnut Cake
A moist, aromatic orange hazelnut bundt cake is sweetened with honey and has subtle nutty flavors.
I don’t know where you live but for us on the East Coast, it has felt a lot like Fall this week. But I refuse to give in to the idea because we are STILL in August!! I intend to continue savoring the best of summer until the official end next weekend, after labor day. Who is with me? Don’t get me wrong, I am excited about Fall (Gosh it’s my favorite season of them all) but we need to live in the present a bit more and wait for the future to actually get here. We are still in the citrus, juicy berries, corn, and zucchini everywhere summer phase and I am still going to town in the kitchen with these flavors!! This Orange Hazelnut Cake was the newest creation last weekend to not only satisfy my hazelnut kick recently but to continue enjoying juicy oranges!
I am joining my fellow bundt cake lovers again this month for another bundt party. Bundt Bakers is a group of Bundt loving souls that share recipes each month with a common ingredient or theme. This month, our host Laura from Baking in Pajamas chose “Honey” as our ingredient of the month. How perfect! I decided to make an Orange Hazelnut Cake that is sweetened with honey!
Why orange, hazelnut, and honey? A) because I love combinations that are not normal but sound just amazing and B) I am on a hazelnut kick!! Ever since I got my hands on this hazelnut flour from Bob’s Red Mill, I’ve baked, cooked, and macaroned with it. After these hazelnut macarons with Chambord, I really loved the raspberry combination with the nutty flavor of hazelnuts. So when I was looking for a way to combine honey and orange in a crazy good cake, hazelnut was front and center.
The cake is incredibly moist with very subtle nutty flavors of hazelnut. The orange zest and honey additions give the cake citrus and sweet balance that is a great added touch!!
For the Cake:
For hazelnut paste:
For Orange Honey Glaze (optional):
Check out this month’s cakes from Bundt Bakers:
- A Taste of Honey by Margaret at Tea and Scones
- Hipy Papy Bthuthdth Thuthda Bthuthdy Cake by Lauren at Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Honey Almond Bundt Cake by Terri at Love and Confections
- Honey Baba au Rhum by Kelly at Passion Kneaded
- Honey Banana Bundt by Jane at Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Honey Bundt Cake with Lemon Honey Glaze by Bea and Mara at I Love Bundt Cakes
- Honey Bunny Bundt Cake by Teri at The Freshman Cook
- Honey Caramel Apple Bundt Cake by Laura at Baking in Pyjamas
- Honey Glazed Blackberry Cornmeal Bundt Cake by Tux at Brooklyn Homemaker
- Honey Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake by Lauren at From Gate to Plate
- Honey Roasted Peanut Butter Pound Cake by Renee at Magnolia Days
- Honey Whiskey Mini Bundt Cakes with Honey Whiskey Glaze by Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Orange Hazelnut Bundt Cake by Zainab at Blahnik Baker
- Whole Wheat Honey Spiced Apple Breakfast Bundtlettes by Laura at The Spiced Life
Some affiliate links included in the text above.
Want to know more?
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on the BundtBakers home page. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to [email protected].