Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
Rich chocolate cupcakes are filled with mint chocolate chips making these mint chocolate chip cupcakes an instant crush!
Happy Monday!! How is your holiday shopping going? Are you one of those that are already all done? Wrapped and under the Christmas tree ready? Lucky you! I just finished my list and will be shopping over the coming weekend to get everyone covered. I thrive on last minute. But I am knee-deep in my holiday baking. I refuse to wait till last minute on that. SO many holiday sweets to enjoy before the new year rolls around and those irking resolutions loom.
And nothing says it’s the holidays like MINT!! Mint chocolate barks, mint chocolate candy and everything mint chocolate chip. This is why I am so freaking excited about the new Nestlé® Toll House® DelightFulls™ filled baking morsels. These are your regular chocolate chips morsels filled with goodness!! Goodness = caramel, peanut butter and mint. I mean, it’s like enjoying two in one flavors in one chocolate chip.
OK fine I will calm down just in case you are rolling your eyes going, seriously you are this excited over chocolate chips? Let’s talk about these classic mint chocolate chip cupcakes instead. They are your rich chocolatey cupcakes spiked with mint extract and filled with mint chocolate chips. It is just richness on every level!
So as you entertain this holiday season, make sure you make these classic cupcakes. And DO get excited about these filled baking morsels (because common they are filled with goodness!!)
For Chocolate Cupcakes:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup unprocessed cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- ½ cup buttermilk, at room temperature
- ½ cup hot water
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon mint extract
- ½ cup Nestlé Toll House Mint filled DelightFulls (or any mint chips)
For the Frosting:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2-3 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon mint extract
- Pinch of salt
- 2-3 tablespoons heavy cream
- A few drops of green gel color (optional)
For the Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Sift together all the dry ingredients into a large bowl. In a medium bowl, combine all the wet ingredients using a whisk.
- Mix the dry ingredients on low speed for 1 minute. Stop the mixer and add the wet ingredients. Mix for 2 minutes on medium speed and scrape down the sides and bottom of bowl. Mix for additional minute on medium speed.
- The batter will be thin. Divide evenly among the cupcake liners, filling each 2/3 of the way.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean.
- Cool cupcakes on wire racks completely. Meanwhile you could start on the frosting.
For Mint Frosting:
- Whip butter on medium speed for about 2-3 minutes in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until light and creamy. Add the powdered sugar, vanilla extract, mint extract, salt and heavy cream and mix on low for 1 minute until combined. Add in coloring if using. Increase speed to medium-high and whip for 6 minutes.
- Frost cupcakes and decorate with sprinkles.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE®. The opinions and text are all mine.