Butterscotch Chocolate Chip Cookies
These butterscotch chocolate chip cookies are my favorite chocolate chip cookies because they are soft, gooey and melt-in-your mouth immediately out of the oven.
Did you guys know this week is National Chocolate Chip week? (If you follow me on Facebook, you probably already know this). As a food blogger I am pretty bad at keeping track of these holidays. Like tomorrow is Pi day and I do NOT have a nerd-worthy pie for you guys 🙁 (so bummed!!). But thankfully, I was able to catch this one, thanks to Meriem over at Culinary Couture who decided to host a party in honor of America’s favorite cookie. She invited a few of her blogging friends to share their favorite chocolate chip cookie recipes with their readers throughout the week.
Chez CateyLou | URBAN BAKES | A Clean Bake Culinary Couture | Blahnik Baker | Baking A Moment
I brought my favorite butterscotch chocolate chip cookies to the party. Ever since I received a version of these cookies from Latane in the a Bakin Friends exchange, they have been my go-to chocolate chip cookies. They are based off the famous NY Times chocolate chip cookie recipe you must have seen floating around the internet. I must say, they are worth the frenzy!! Made with cake flour and bread flour, these cookies are soft, gooey and absolutely melt in your mouth.
The dough must chill for at least 24 hours so you should plan ahead on this one but it is worth every single minute you wait. The recipe below makes about 30 cookies so I always freeze half the cookie dough to ensure I always have cookies when the moment strikes. A helpful tip 🙂
- 2 cups minus 2 tablespoons cake flour
- 1⅔ cups bread flour
- 1 ¼ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons coarse (kosher) salt
- 1 ½ cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- About 11 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips, at least 60% cocoa content
- 6 ounces butterscotch chips
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugars until very light, about 5 minutes on medium.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Reduce the speed to low and add the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined, 5-10 seconds. Mix in chocolate chips and butterscotch chips until incorporated. Press plastic wrap against dough and refrigerate 24-36 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop large golf ball sized mounds of dough onto baking sheet. Add extra chocolate or butterscotch chips for a more attractive cookie.
- Bake until golden brown, about 17-20 minutes. Transfer to wire rack and allow to cool completely.
Here’s all the other chocolate chip cookie recipes from the party this week! Be sure to stop by each and every one of these blogs for the recipes.
1) Levain Bakery Chocolate Chip Cookies by Chez CateyLou
2) Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Sandwiches by URBAN BAKES
3) Thick and Soft Grain Free Chocolate Chip Cookies by A Clean Bake
4) Chocolate Chip Paradise Pie by Culinary Couture
5) Butterscotch Chocolate Chip Cookies by Blahnik Baker
6) Chocolate Chip Cookie Crack Pie by Baking a Moment