Caramelized Apples and Goat Cheese Crescents
This post is sponsored by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are 100% mine.
Pillsbury crescents are filled with spiced apples caramelized in brown sugar, topped with goat cheese and drizzled with organic maple syrup in these caramelized apples and goat cheese crescents that will surely become new fall favorites. #BakingAdvantEdge
Happy Monday friends! I think it’s about time I started sharing apple recipes with you this season. Right? Just one apple cardamon crisp recipe is not cutting it for being October already. I’ve had a late start with my fall baking as I travelled quite a bit the past few weeks. But I started to resolve that this weekend as I picked up over 15lbs of apples from a local orchard and broke open a few cans of pumpkin for a fall baking fiesta. Be warned (or get excited!!), we have a lot of apple, pumpkin and pear recipes coming up the next few weeks starting with these Caramelized Apples and Goat Cheese Crescents.
These crescents filled with caramelized apples, goat cheese and maple syrup were the first things I made. They are the perfect bite sized appetizers if you are entertaining and have all your season’s favorite spices. Pillsbury crescents are filled with spiced apples caramelized in brown sugar, topped with goat cheese and drizzled with organic maple syrup. Simply delicious!
I love using pillsbury crescents to make starters because the flaky, soft dough is just perfect to wrap anything in and as a carb-lover, it’s pretty much a dream come true. These caramelized apples and goat cheese crescents are especially special because of the tender apple pie filling combined with slightly tangy goat cheese. A combination that I wish I had encountered sooner and one I know I will be enjoying for a long time to come. You will love it!!
Of course, if you are not a fan of goat cheese, you can leave that out of this recipe. Just fill the crescents with the caramelized apple filling. You could also drizzle some caramel over the filling before you wrap it all up. You see why I love the crescents? They are a blank canvas for your creativity!
- 2 medium granny smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped 2 tablespoons brown sugar ½ teaspoon cinnamon 1 Pillsbury Crescent dough ~ 2 tablespoons goat cheese, sliced 1-2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 medium granny smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Pillsbury Crescent dough
- ~ 2 tablespoons goat cheese, sliced
- 1-2 tablespoon maple syrup
- Place the apples, brown sugar and cinnamon in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally until apples are caramelized, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Unroll Pillsbury crescent dough and separate into 8 triangles. Fill each triangle with a teaspoon of caramelized apples, a slice of goat cheese and a drizzle of maple syrup. Roll up loosely, curving each into crescent shape and place on prepared cookie sheet. Bake crescents for 12-15 minutes or until deep golden brown. Drizzle with more maple syrup before serving warm.
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with us on Instagram using #aclassictwist so we can see what you are baking up in your kitchen!