Apple Cardamom Crisp
Warm spiced Apple Cardamom Crisp is topped with a nutty oat streusel and a scoop of ice cream for the perfect fall comfort dessert.
I have another honest-to-goodness recipe for you today!! There are some recipes that are just so simple, classic and ridiculously perfect that no other word can describe them other than honest-to-goodness good. This apple cardamom crisp belongs to that group and it’s our new fall favorite dessert.
You will have to forgive its not-so-pretty nature but trust me, that is the last thing you will be thinking about when you take your first spoonful. Warm baked apples spiced with cardamom and nutmeg are topped with a nutty oat streusel that is as addicting as the scoop of ice cream that goes with it all.
I had to make something extra special for Mystery Dish this month because I am hosting! This means I not only get to choose our box of secret ingredients to cook with but I also get to invite a guest to join us for the month. I invited the lovely and talented Mary Frances of The Sweet Tooth Life and if you have not yet been acquainted with her blog, I suggest you do!! You will love her delicious healthy desserts.
Here are the ingredients I selected and challenged the group to use at least three ingredients in their dishes:
- sesame seeds
- green chiles
- green tea or matcha powder
- feta cheese
- pinto beans
- white wine
- prickly pear cactus
Despite my intentions of trying to share a recipe with prickly pear cactus (was so excited after this tutorial from Autumn), I failed to have one that was decent looking. Instead, I went with the comfort of warm spices and baked apples that is this apple cardamom crisp.
Mr. J has been asking for an apple crisp for a long time and this was just the perfect time to indulge. I was inspired with the lovely spice of cardamon for this apple crisp. I know cinnamon is key in most fall baking but we tend to forget cardamon which is equally as warm and brings warmth to any recipe. I’ve used it homemade cardamon marshmallows before and knew it would be perfect in an apple crisp.
Nothing beats a serving of warm apple crisp with toasty crunchy toppings and a scoop of ice cream on a cool fall evening. Enjoy this!!
For the Topping:
- Green Chile Chicken Soup – Chez CateyLou
- Crockpot Chicken Chilli Stew – Yummy Healthy Easy
- Spiced Apple Crisp – I Want Crazy
- Kale Salad with Sesame-Lime Dressing – The Pajama Chef
- Spiced Mini Skillet Apple Crisp – Culinary Couture
- Pan Seared Pork Chops with Spicy Apple Chutney – Flavor the Moments
- Matcha Swirl Cheesecake – Baking a Moment
- Green Chile Cheese Pinwheels – I Dig Pinterest.
- Baked Apple Donuts with Cardamom Cream Cheese Glaze – Joyful Healthy Easy
- Vegan Gluten-Free Ginger Walnut Apple Pie Bars – The Sweet-Tooth Life
- Apple Feta Salad with Toasted Sesame Seeds – The Well Floured Kitchen
- Apple Cardamon Crisp – Blahnik Baker
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with us on Instagram using #aclassictwist so we can see what you are baking up in your kitchen!