Cherry Lime Cheesecake Bars
A sweet lime cheesecake filling is topped with a tart cherry swirl in these cherry lime cheesecake bars! Thank you ALDI for sponsoring this post.
Happy Monday everyone!! I hope you had a lovely summer holiday weekend (US folks). It was very exciting in our next of the woods with multiple parties, a trip to the zoo, one too many ice cream cones and fireworks at the end of it all. Summer weekends are truly the best; lots of family time, outdoor activities and fresh fruits and produce.
I’ve reached the point where I need to eat more than berries and embrace the rest of the fruits in season like cherries and peaches. I love the sweet cherries that are in peak season right now but man, can they get pricy when you want a few pounds for a pie or to snack on.
I needed a few pounds of cherries last weekend so I hit my local ALDI grocery market where I know I can get fresh fruits and produce for a great price. After eating almost a pound of the cherries, I decided I should bake something. These cherry lime cheesecake bars were the resulting culprits. I love cheesecake bars as they are miniature cheesecake slices in your hand but take less the time and effort to put together.
These bars start with a classic graham cracker crust, that’s pre-baked and topped with a sweet lime cheesecake filling and finally topped with a swirl of cherry lime topping. It’s three layers of complete bliss; a crunchy crust, a sweet cheesecake filling and a tart cherry lime topping.
Absolutely what you want to be indulging on this summer!
Cherry Lime Cheesecake Bars
- 10 whole graham crackers
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- a pinch of salt
For Cherry Swirl
- 1 ½ cup cherries, pitted and chopped
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- zest of 1 lime
- juice of ½ a lime
- 2 8-ounce cream cheese packages, softened at room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- a pinch of salt
- juice of half a lime
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8 x 8-inch square pan and line with parchment paper with overhang.
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the graham crackers until processed. Add in the melted butter and pulse until combined.
- Press the graham cracker mixture to the bottom of the prepared pan and distribute evenly. Bake crust for 10 minutes and let cool completely.
For Cherry Swirl:
- Meanwhile in a small saucepan combine the cherries, sugar, zest and lime juice along with a ¼ cup water. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer. Cook for about 5 minutes, until cherries are soft and mixture starts to thicken.
- Transfer the cherry mixture to a food processor or blender and pulse briefly to break up the cherries.You don't want it smooth. Transfer cherry compote to a small bowl and set aside to cool.
- In the large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and salt until combined and smooth. Add in the lime juice and mix until combined. Add in eggs, vanilla extract and all-purpose flour. Mix until just combined and mixture is smooth.
- Pour the cream cheese filling into the cooled crust and smooth with a spatula to evenly distribute. Dollop the cherry compote over the filling one tablespoon at a time. Using a small knife or skewer, swirl the cherry compote.
- Bake cheesecake for about 25-30 minutes or until the edges are set and lightly brown. The middle will be slightly jiggly. Remove from oven and let cool completely on a wire rack to set. Chill cheesecake for at two hours to set.
- When ready to serve, remove the cheesecake from the pan using the overhangs. Cut into squares.
Your weekend sounds perfect!!!! and I love these cheesecake bars, Z!!! I love ALDI! here’s to more relaxing summer weekends and family time!!
Amen to more relaxing!!
These look lovely from the crust to the topping! So yum, pinning 🙂
Sounds like an awesome weekend! I also ate one too many ice cream cones. But that isn’t going to stop me from eating these cheesecake bars as well! Crushing on that swirl!
It’s summer!!! It’s ice cream season 😉
Lime in cheesecake means I’m sold. The cherry swirl top is pretty amazing, too! Here’s to fun summer fruity desserts!
I love lime in cheesecake too!!
Holy moly these are insanely gorgeous! Like the color is so stunning I can’t even stand it!
Ooh, those look absolutely scrumptious! 🙂
These look divine! I just love Aldi my go to store! Thanks for sharing this pan of goodness with us! What a way to start the week!
Thanks Tonya!! Hope you have a great week!
Not only do these look beautiful, they sound so scrumptious! I love the combination of cherry and lime – so perf for summer!
These look super delicious! I have only come to love cherries in the last few years, boy was I missing out! I can’t wait for summer to make these cheesecake bars to share with my family! I love the gorgeous swirls 🙂
Thank you Amy! Meanwhile, I am drooling all over your winter recipes 🙂
Oh wow, these sound amazing… cherry and lime together is such a brilliant idea, especially for this time of year! Pinned!
Your weekend sounded perfect, Z! Family time outdoors with lots of ice cream is the best 🙂 And so are these bars — they’re insanely gorgeous! Love the cherry and lime combo! So refreshing and delicious!
I absolutely love any kind of cheesecake bar! I just bought a huge bag of cherries, and am hoping to use them soon 🙂
Thanks Cathleen!! I have a big bag in the fridge too 😉
My fridge is full of berries and fruits! Glad you had a great weekend and my oh my this looks amazing!
DANG! These are so beautiful with those gorgeous cherries, and I love that you gave them a zing with some lime! Cherry cheesecake was always my favorite growing up, and yours is WAY better than that canned cherry pie filling I always had on mine. haha Pinned to try!
Cherries.. I love both cherries and cheesecake 😀
I always seem to have a ton of cherries on hand! Hubster likes to snack on them. But I’m thinking I need to put them to use and make these cheesecake bars!
The snacking always gets in the way 🙂
Absolutely love this combination of sweet and tart! I’ve been obsessed with cherries lately too – I can’t get enough of them!
Ahhh thanks Taylor!! Hope you are doing well 🙂
Oh, have mercy, Z! These bars look like summer in dessert form 🙂 Can’t wait to dig in!
Cherry and lime is one of my favorite summer flavor combos. Sadly I have not really monopolized on it this year yet. These bars sounds perfect!
You need to get onto the wagon soon!!
I agree Zainab! Cheeries are the perfect fruit to be indulging in right now! And these Cherry Lime Cheesecake Bars…..wow!! Perfect idea for all those cherries!
Right?? So glad you agree!!
These are beautiful! Cherry lime is one of my favorite combinations!
I love love LOVE fresh cherries and all things made with fresh (and even frozen) cherries! These little cherry lime cheesecake bars look incredibly delicious and the color is gorgeous!
Cherries are just amazing!! Thanks Julie!
These are beautiful! I can taste them already 🙂
Thanks Julia. I wish I could share 🙂
These look incredible! So perfect for summer! Cherry and lime?? YUM!