Peanut Butter M&M Cookies
I hope you all had a great weekend! Mine was exciting as I ran a 5K with my sister-in-law and it was one of those Mighty Runs with obstacles throughout the course. Brutal but was fun doing it with her. Now, I’m sore and couch-ridden for two days 🙂 Thank goodness for these M&M cookies and our movie night today to help with my recovery.
We all know the hubs is a life-long peanut butter lover and hence why I have a ton of peanut butter recipes on the blog. But he noted the other day that I do not have any cookies in that category. And he was right, I haven’t made a peanut butter cookie EVER. That clearly had to change and what better way to enjoy cookies than on movie night?
It was his turn to pick a movie for us to watch and so we picked up the recently released Captain America DVD at Walmart. No surprise, the dude is a superhero fan and every Marvel movie is owned and watched multiple times! I was inspired to incorporate some M&Ms in our peanut butter cookies we had planned for the evening. Heroes love M&Ms!
These peanut butter M&M cookies are just your old-fashioned peanut butter, with browned butter for added flavor and mini M&Ms for a colorful twist. The cookies are soft, packed with peanut butter and will make any peanut butter lover’s dreams come true. Enjoy!!
Brown Butter Peanut Butter M&M Cookies
If you are a peanut butter lover, then you will love these traditional peanut butter cookies!! They are soft, crunchy and perfect!
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, browned and cooled
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¾ cup M&Ms (I used mini M&Ms)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the browned butter with sugars on medium speed until pale, about 2 minutes. Add egg and vanilla and beat until just combined. Add the peanut butter and beat until well combined. Reduce speed to low and add in the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the M&Ms. Chill dough for at least an hour, preferably two.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove dough from fridge and let sit out for 10 minutes. Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop out cookie dough and roll into balls. Place balls on parchment lined cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart. To get the criss-cross, use a fork to gently press down on the cookies.
- Bake cookies 12-13 minutes, until lightly browned on the edges. Let cookies cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes before moving to a wire rack.
The cookies look so yummy, could do with a few of them, Congratulations on your 5k race Zainab.
These are great for recovering from a race… and EVEN BETTER if you didn’t race at all! 🙂 Because then there was no running, just eating delicious, amazing peanut butter & M&M cookies! My kind of win. 🙂
I’ll take just eating the cookies and no racing 🙂
You had me at brown butter and m&m’s! These definitely sound like a good way to recover from a 5k 🙂
Right? Browned butter is always amazing!!
I can’t tell you how many of these cookies I would take down fast! At least a dozen. They are perfection.
At least 🙂
Mmmm … those peanut butter m&ms are my favourite, but you actually can’t get them in the UK or Australia … can you believe that? in Australia they have all sorts of weird flavoured m&ms but not the pb ones!
Anyway, cookies sound wonderful, even though I can’t make them … boo hoo!
No way!! That’s insane. I used regular M&M here since the cookie was peanut butter so that will work for you!!
Mr. J and I have the same cookie taste…these look perfect!
Yes you do and why he still can’t stop talking about those cupcakes you sent him.
I really like the comic book character movies a lot for some reason! I dunno… they’re light, but entertaining, I guess?? What did you think?
PB is my favorite food on the planet. These look delicious, especially because: BROWN BUTTER!! I must try them. Thanks for sharing!
The movies are great and I enjoy watching them too! Especially the ones with cute superheroes 🙂
They look so colorful and fun! Love them!
Congrats on the race! Some friends convinced me to run the Disney Princess half marathon…I’ve got some training to do! Your cookies look delicious…I love peanut butter cookies and even more so when they are mixed with something chocolate! Hope you had a great weekend!
Ooo half marathon will be the death of me lol!
I’ll take a movie night with these cookies! I watched The Fault in Our Stars last night and holy cow – waterworks. I could have used some of these cookies to make me feel better!
Oh my gosh I read the book and it was tear works all through. Still haven’t picked up energy for movie yet.
Pass me a few of these cookies, Zainab! They have two of my favorite things that I could stuff my face with all day long: peanut butter and M&Ms. YES!
Congrats on your race — sounds like fun (kind of). 🙂 Movie night and these cookies are the best way to unwind afterward for sure!