Bobby Flay’s Crunch Burger
That’s right, you read the title right. I am sharing a burger recipe. Sorry for the break in transmission of sweets. But it’s time for another installment of Pass the Cook Book Club
. If your remember I joined the group last month
which was created and hosted by Kita of Pass the Sushi
. Each month she selects three recipes from a cookbook and we all make one and reveal our selections on the same day. It’s quite fun and encourages us all to dust off old cookbooks, discover new cookbooks and for me this month step out of my comfort zone
This month’s selection is Bobby Flay’s Burgers, Fries, and Shakes
. A great selection and perfect for my current dinner menu of kebabs, burgers and simple salads. Mr J got very excited about the selections and it was hard for him to just pick one. Finally he settled on Bobby Flay’s Crunch Burger and since he was on vacation last week, he volunteered to make dinner. I think it’s because he was very excited to try this one and of course I didn’t object and just sat back and waited to take pictures and eat.
And boy was it AMAZING! This is a very juicy, flavorful and as the name implies, crunchy burger. Thanks to the heaping layer of potato chips. Never thought of putting potato chips on my burger but after trying it, I’ll say I won’t go back to a regular burger anytime soon. The horseradish mustard mayo is the best part of this burger in my opinion. I know not everyone likes horseradish, but it’s soft enough in the mayo to add a kick but not overpowering. It totally brings this burger to a whole other level. Mr J insists it’s the best burger he has had in a long time and I completely agree with him (for once!).
If you are planning on making just one burger this summer, make it Bobby Flay’s Crunch Burger! You will not be disappointed. Just remember to toast your bun 🙂
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef (93% lean)
- Garlic salt and pepper
- Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 slices Yancy’s Steakhouse Onion cheese, each ¼" thick (or American cheese)
- 3 kaiser buns, split and toasted
- 3 slices beefsteak tomatoes
- 3 leaves romaine
- 3 slices red onion
- Horseradish Mustard Mayo
- 4 handfuls potato chips
- ¼ cup mayo
- 2 tbs Dijon
- 2 tbs drained prepared horseradish
- salt and pepper
- Season beef with garlic salt and pepper. Divide into 3 equal portions. Form each portion loosely into a ¾" thick burger and make a deep depression in the center with your thumb. Season both sides of the burger with Cajun seasoning.
- In a saucepan, cook the burgers on medium-high heat using the oil and topping each one with 2 slices of cheese and a basting cover during the last minute of cooking.
- Place the burgers on the bun bottoms. Top with tomato, lettuce, onion, and a dollop of horseradish mustard mayo. Pile on the potato chips and top with the buns. Serve immediately.
For Horseradish Mayo
- Whisk together the mayo, mustard, and horseradish in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld. The sauce can be prepared 1 day in advance and kept covered in the fridge.
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with us on Instagram using #aclassictwist so we can see what you are baking up in your kitchen!