Caramel Apple Crumb Cake
Hello September aka Hello Fall!!
Hello apples, caramel and everything that makes the planet orbit the sun!! (Yup, I mean boots, scarves and crispy leaves).
To kick off the celebration of apples (and Fall!), I made this easy caramel apple crumb cake. It only makes sense we start with breakfast because you know it’s the most important meal, right?? This cinnamon crumb cake is light, moist, filled with chopped apples and swirls of cinnamon and caramel. I can’t see why your morning cup of joe (or tea) shouldn’t be adorned with a slice of this crumb cake.
The recipe for this crumb cake is over on Krusteaz.com where I am sharing it with their readers. You won’t believe the cake batter starts with one of my favorite Krusteaz box mixes of the season!! Head over there and grab the recipe.
Caramel Apple Crumb Cake
- 1 package Krusteaz Cinnamon Swirl Crumb Cake mix
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup caramel sauce + more to serve
- 2 medium apples, cored and chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package of cinnamon topping (in mix), divided
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8x8-inch pan or a 9-inch round pan.
- Stir the water, greek yogurt, egg, and caramel sauce until blended. Add in the cake mix and ground cinnamon. Mix until well combined.
- Fold in the chopped apples.
- Spoon half of the batter into the prepared pan. Top the batter with the cinnamon topping provided in the package. Add the remaining batter on top of the cinnamon topping.
- Using a butter knife, swirl the batter to gently mix the cinnamon topping around the cake batter.
- Bake for about 4o-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. For a glass pan, add 5 minutes to bake time.
- Cool 5-10 minutes before cutting.
Crumb cake is a huge weakness of mine Zainab! I cannot resist!! This one looks fabulous. Definitely will be trying! Enjoy the week!
Thanks Mary Ann! You too 🙂
I have a huge weakness for crumb cake, but a crumb cake with apples, cinnamon AND caramel??! Forget about it. Don’t bother handing me a fork because I am going to simply face plant into this!!! Pinned! Cheers girlfriend!
Hahhah I agree! The flavors are amazing!
This looks so great! I’m excited for apple season (even though I’m kind of sad summer is over). I just want to go back and forth between summer and fall. We can skip winter and spring, right?
Apple season is just one of the pleasures we have before it gets cold! Let’s skip for sure.
I get on board ANYTHING with crumbs! But when you throw caramel and apples into the mix? TOTALLY SOLD.
I want a slice, or 10, of this cake for breakfast! Pinned!
Oh I am on the same train!!
Z, I love this cake!!! love the bits of apples and love the Krusteaz Cinnamon Swirl Crumb Cake mix!!!
It’s my new favorite mix for the season!!
CRUMB CAKE – load my mouth up with this!!! 😀 😀
I like how you think!!
This sounds amazing, Zainab! I love caramel apple anything and the crumb on top makes this cake extra special. Love!
The crumb is everything ;P
Love this cake, Zainab! So perfect for autumn! Loving the flavour from the cinnamon. Excited to try the recipe! 😀
Bring it on!! I love this introduction into fall, I’m totally chomping at the bit with this one! 🙂 Pinned!
Looks amazing! Yay for apple season!
YES!! The best season 😉 Thanks Nancy! Hope you had a great weekend!
Love that we both had caramel apple on the brain this week! I am craving this just from looking at it. Off to check out the full recipe!
You know we are on the same wavelength 🙂 That upside down apple cake = life dreams!!
This looks delicious! So perfect for the seasonal fall apple bounty 🙂