Chocolate Cereal and Nut Crisps
This post is sponsored as part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group™ and Post Pebbles, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #PostWalgreens
I used my favorite cereal to create a heart healthy recipe. These chocolate cereal and nut crisps are filled with oat clusters, muesli, grains and nuts. They are perfect for breakfast and a quick afternoon snack.
I hope you guys had a great weekend. I finally feel back to normal after a week of a miserable cold. I spent the weekend trying to catch up on some baking and house cleaning. We did however have a great Valentine’s day dinner at home on Friday and we went to a comedy show on Saturday which was really fun. What did you guys do this weekend? Anything fun?
Getting back on my feet, I am rebuilding my breakfast for the busy weeks coming up. For me, that means re-fueling with lots of grains, nuts and of course a little bit of chocolate. I created these chocolate cereal and nut crisps using my favorite cereal; Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds. I added in some muesli, my favorite nuts and a few dried fruits I had on hand. I had to add some dark chocolate for a little indulgence.
I love how customizable these crips are. Feel free to substitute your favorite grains in here as well as your favorites nuts. I love pistachios as they always bring a great sweet and salty combo when mixed with chocolate. These chocolate cereal and nut crisps are very filling with the oat clusters from Honey Bunches of Oats cereal, the muesli and all those nuts. They are perfect for breakfast as I enjoyed a few crumbles with some milk and they will also be great for a quick afternoon snack.
In celebration of American Heart Month, Walgreens is offering in-store discounts on all Post Cereals. Be sure to stock up on your favorite Post Cereal and stock up (Honey Bunches of Oats, Fruity Pebbles, Great Grains, Grape Nuts)!
- ½ cup Honey Bunches of Oats with Almond
- ¾ cup muesli
- ½ cup shelled unsalted pistachios, chopped
- ½ cup dried banana chips, chopped
- ⅓ cup hazelnuts, chopped
- ⅓ cup dried apricots, chopped (optional; any dried fruit will work)
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped (70% Cacoa)
- ⅛ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cereal, muesli, pistachios, banana chips, hazelnuts and apricots.
- In a small heal proof bowl, melt chocolate over a double boiler. Add in salt and stir until chocolate is smooth.
- Pour chocolate over dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Spread onto prepare baking sheet and push together to form a large ½-inch thick bar. Allow to cool at room temperature for about an hour and then chill for 30 minutes or more until chocolate hardens. Cut into pieces. Store refrigerated in an airtight container.