Chocolate Chunk Cookie Dough Truffles
These football chocolate chunk cookie dough truffles are easy, delicious and perfect for the Big Game!
Hi friends! How are you guys? If you were in the path of the storm this past few days, I hope you are safe and warm now. The big blizzard missed us here in Upstate but it was freezing so we’ve had a quiet weekend relaxing indoors and making soup to stay warm.
I also whipped up these eggless chocolate chunk cookie dough truffles for the second time! Rumor has it there is a big game coming up and we are all in need of football shaped/themed food. Well, I ate my weight in cookie dough and chocolate before shaping a few into footballs.
These truffles are easy to make and I know first hand they go really fast at a party. I sent a plateful with my friend last week to a Sunday party and she said they flew off the plates. I don’t blame them, there’s nothing like cookie dough and chocolate. I used my favorite chocolate chip cookie mix from Krusteaz to make the cookie dough here. Leaving out the egg in the instructions kept these safe to eat raw and also makes it easier for you to make them dairy-free if you use dairy-free butter.
As your prepare for the game, whip up these easy football cookie dough truffles for your guests and try not to eat too many yourself.
- 1 box Krusteaz Chocolate Chunk Cookie Mix
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- ¼ cup walnuts, finely chopped (optional)
- 8 ounces semi sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon milk (or almond milk)
- White icing for topping
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Using a hand mixer, cream the butter
- until light and creamy, about 1-2 minutes on medium speed.
- Add in the contents of the box mix and mix on low until just combined. Fold in the
- walnuts if using.
- Roll the dough into 1 tablespoon sized balls shaped like footballs. Place on a cookie
- sheet and chill for at least 30 minutes. If the dough is sticky, flour your hands before
- Combine the chopped chocolate and milk in a microwaveable safe bowl. Melt in the
- microwave in 30 seconds bursts. Mix until creamy.
- Using a spoon, dip the chilled dough into the melted chocolate, coating each
- completely. Place dough on the cookie sheet. Chill truffles until chocolate hardens.
- Once harden, use the white cookie icing to decorate.
- Keep left overs refrigerated,
This post is brought to you in partnership with Krusteaz, for whom I am proud to be a brand ambassador. As always, all opinions are 100% mine. For more recipe ideas and inspiration, follow Krusteaz on Facebook,Twitter and Pinterest.