Lemon Blueberry Pancakes #EasterSweetsWeek
These lemon blueberry pancakes would be perfect for your Easter brunch and weekend get-to-gathers. Fluffy buttermilk lemon pancakes are topped with a blueberry-thyme compote and whipped cream.
I’m celebrating #EasterSweetsWeek with my blogger friends! I received some samples from our wonderful sponsors and all opinions are 100% mine.
Hi friends! I have a great brunch/breakfast recipe for you today! These lemon blueberry pancakes would be perfect for your Easter brunch and weekend get-to-gathers. Fluffy buttermilk lemon pancakes are topped with a blueberry-thyme compote and whipped cream. They are just what Saturday and Sunday mornings are made of.
My husband is the breakfast expert in our house and he usually spoils us every other weekend with an indulgent breakfast. His classic french toast recipe is one of my favorites but his buttermilk pancakes are a close runner-up. They are always so fluffy and he slightly undercooks some for me since I like my pancakes that way – gooey in the middle. It was a no-brainer when I told him I wanted a spring pancake recipe for the blog. He suggested lemon and blueberries, duh!. Because who will object to this classic spring flavor?
These lemon blueberry pancakes start with his buttermilk pancake batter infused with fresh lemon zest and a hint of lemon juice. You don’t want the lemon to overpower the pancakes. We added fresh blueberries to the batter to ensure every bite of these pancakes gives you the wonderful lemon + blueberry combo. Even though I love his pancakes, I think the star of the show here is the blueberry-thyme compote. It’s a sweet fruity topper to an already stellar stack of pancakes. The addition of thyme to the compote balances the lemon flavor and adds just a great touch to a wonderful breakfast. The whipped cream is not necessary but recommended to complete the recipe.
These lemon pancakes would be perfect for Easter brunch, Mother’s Day brunch or anytime you wish to will upon yourself the spirit of Spring (ahem in the dreary winter months).
Talking about Easter (wait we were right?), what are some of your Easter traditions? I haven’t developed any yet as my son is still young (or at least that is my excuse). But I intend to dye some eggs this weekend and make all the carrot cake recipes. This classic carrot cake recipe is always a must at our family’s Easter dinner even though it always brings the pineapple and/or raisin haters to light. What do you do with your family? Let me know in the comments below.
Don’t forget to check the giveaway from our wonderful sponsors at the end of this post.
For the Pancakes:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Blueberry Thyme Compote:
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped thyme
- a dash of almond extract
For the compote:
- In a medium saucepan set over medium-low heat, combine the blueberries, sugar, zest, and thyme. Cook until juices are released and berries break down about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the almond extract. Let cool while you prepare pancakes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, butter, lemon zest, and juice.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and whisk until no streaks of flour remain.
- Heat your pancake griddle or nonstick skillet over medium heat. Spray lightly with cooking spray. Pour about a ⅓ cup into the hot skillet. Cook until bottom is golden brown then flip the pancake and cook the other side until brown.
- Serve pancakes with blueberry compote and whipped cream.
Check out the amazing #EasterSweetsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Candy and Fudge:
- Piña Colada Biscotti from My Sweet Zepol
- Lemon Madeleines from Mildly Meandering
- Jelly Bean Flower Cookies from The Decorated Cookie
- Coconut Macaroon Easter Nests from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Blueberry Lemon Pancakes with Blueberry Compote from A Classic Twist
- Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting Mug Cake from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Strawberry Cream Puffs from Me and My Pink Mixer
- Pecan Praline French Toast Bake from Southern From Scratch
- Pistachio Cannolis from The Whimsy One
- Carrot Cake Cream Cheese Pudding Trifles from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
- Almond Apple Cheesecake Bars from Pint Sized Baker
No Bake Desserts:
- No-Bake Funfetti Cheesecake from Love Bakes Good Cakes
- Carrot Cake Ice Cream Bonbons from For the Love of Food
Welcome to this year’s #EasterSweetWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. We’re so glad that you’ve joined us for this week-long event of Springtime and Easter dessert recipes! We’re sharing tons of treats this week plus a few fantastic giveaways! You’re going to love what we have in store for you.
This year we have are 28 fantastic bloggers participating in this year’s Easter dessert event! Throughout the week we’ll be share tons of great Springtime and Easter themed dessert recipes with you. With over 75 sweet dessert recipes being shared this week we just know that you’re going to want to save some of these recipes to make again and again! We even hope that some of these recipes end up in your Easter recipe keepsake collection! Plus, don’t forget that we have 5 (five) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1) Instant Pot (8 Qt) to one lucky winner!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving one (1) winner 5 different extracts including a bottle of Pure vanilla and a color pack.
Prize #3 — Rainier Fruit is giving one (1) winner a box of Apples and some wonderful Apple themed goodies from Sur La Table
Prize #4 — Anolon is giving one (1) winner an Anolon® Vesta™ 9-Inch Square Baker in Cobalt Blue
Prize #5 — Microplane is giving one (1) winner a Twist & Zest, grip & strip, and a classic zester/grater
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from March 26th – April 1st at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.