Monsters Rice Krispie Treats
We all know, as I’ve talked about before, the pandemic last year definitely put a damper on most trick-or-treating plans. My kids are really hoping to get back their loved tradition but with how things are looking I have a feeling we may be sitting it out again. Since we’ve been getting creative for holidays since COVID-19, I thought these Monster Rice Krispie Treats would be perfect and fun for Halloween.
These Monster Rice Krispie Treats are such a fun twist on your classic Rice Krispies. If your family is anything like mine, we love Rice Krispie treats. I suggest buying them store-bought if you are looking to make this quick and easy. But, if you want to spend more time in the kitchen you can absolutely follow the recipe on the back of the Rice Krispies box. Either way, they are just as fun for kids.
Let’s work through how to make this yummy Monster Rice Krispie Treats. If you’d rather just the recipe, skip to the bottom and skip the step-by-step instructions if you just want to save the shipping list.
First, you want to lay out your parchment paper and unwrap the rice Krispie treats.
Place your sprinkles onto a bowl and set them by your working surface.
Grab your medium microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 15-second intervals. Make sure you stir the candies in between until they are melted.
Dip half of a Rice Krispie treat into the melted candy. With the spatula or back of a spoon, smooth it out.
Dip the top into the sprinkles while the candy is wet on the Krispie treat. If you’d rather you can use a small spoon to add the sprinkles onto the Rice Krispie treat too.
Before the candy sets, add candy eyes to the front of the Rice Krispie treat. It will set quickly! Place them down on your parchment paper and repeat over until done.
Just make sure you allow the Monster Rice Krispie treats to cool before serving.
Now if it was pre-pandemic days, these would be adorable in Ziploc baggies to be handed out at school or serving them at your Halloween party. But, for now, we can enjoy them with our kids or give them to neighbors close by. Do you plan to decorate this Monster Rice Krispie treats just like I did?
As always, please let me know in the comment section. If you share across social media, tag #aclassictwist so I can see you enjoying them!
- • 16 individually wrapped premade Rice Krispies treats, or use your favorite homemade recipe and cut into rectangular shapes
- • 24 ounces candy melts (in your favorite color, or use a variety of colors, I used green, orange, and blue)
- • Colored sprinkles
- • Candy eyes in assorted sizes
- Unwrap the rice Krispie treats and place them on parchment paper.
- Place your sprinkles onto a plate or wide bowl and set by your working surface.
- Pour candy melts into a medium microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 15-second intervals, stirring in between, until the candies are melted through and smooth.
- Dip half of a Rice Krispie treat into the melted candy. Smooth out with the back of a spoon or spatula.
- While the candy is still wet on the Krispie treat, dip the top into the sprinkles or use a small spoon to add the sprinkles onto the Krispie treat.
- Add several candy eyes to the front of the Krispie treat before the candy sets (it will set quickly) and place them down on your parchment paper.
- Repeat with the remaining treats. Allow the monsters to cool before serving, enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.