Nutella-Stuffed Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies
These nutella-stuffed salted chocolate chip cookies are made with brown butter, stuffed with nutella and sprinkled with sea salt to give you the BEST soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies on the block!
Happy Monday guys. I hope you all had a great weekend. I am still recovering from a long road trip I took this weekend so I’ll keep this short and quick. I have a great treat for you guys today!! These nutella stuffed salted chocolate chip cookies are now my favorite cookies. I don’t make cookies as much as I should. My idea of a quick treat are macarons or cupcakes but cookies are so classically comforting that I need to make them more often for myself. I made these a few weeks ago to enjoy on a weeknight and they were just so good, I had to remake and share with you.
But before we talk about the cookies, have you met Kayle, the dynamite behind The Cooking Actress? I’m sure you have but if you have not then you are missing out on a great blog and lady I tell ya. She has a great, I mean GREAT, variety of recipes. From cookies, homemade pizzas, breakfasts to a healthy obsession with cookie dough. She is one of my favorite blogs to read. Head on over and see for yourself 🙂
These nutella stuffed salted chocolate chip cookies come from her recipe archives and boy does she know her cookies! These cookies are amazing for a million reasons but mainly because a) well they are stuffed with NUTELLA!! so all that hazelnut goodness keeps the centers soft and chewy and b) the cookies are made with browned butter increasing the nutty flavor in the cookies and chewiness of the edges. Oh and c) they are sprinkled with sea salt for the perfect sweet and salty treat.
I tell you, these cookies are the best!! Try them please.
Nutella Stuffed Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies
These nutella stuffed salted chocolate chip cookies are made with brown butter, stuffed with nutella and sprinkled with sea salt to give you the BEST soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies on the block!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 2 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg + 1 yolk, room temperature
- 1 ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup milk chocolate chips
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 jar Nutella, chilled
- Coarse sea salt, for sprinkling
- Start by browning the butter. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Start whisking when it starts to foam and bubble. Whisk continuously until brown bits forms at the bottom of the pan. Remove from heat and pour into a heatproof bowl. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the cooled butter and sugars until light, about 2 minutes on medium speed. Add the egg, and yolk, vanilla extract and Greek yogurt. Beat until well combined. Reduce speed to low and slowly mix in the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the chocolate chips into the cookie dough. Cover dough with plastic wrap and chill for at least two hours (or up to a week).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- Using a small cookie scoop or tablespoon, scoop one tablespoon of dough, press the center with your thumb and fill with about 1 teaspoon of chilled nutella. Place another scoop of dough on top and press together to seal the nutella inside. Roll the whole thing into a ball and place two inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until the edges start to turn golden brown. Cool on baking sheet for about two minutes and sprinkle cookies with sea salt. Transfer to cooling rack.
Oh boy, so many of my favorite things in one cookie! These look amazing Zainab, love nutella stuffed anything but combining the browned butter and sea salt – these sound heavenly girl 🙂
Thanks Kelly!!! So many good flavors going on here 🙂
Wow! Wow! WOW! Salt and Nutella!? I can’t even imagine how good these cookies taste! I have never actually made anything with Nutella before.. a big problem I know… so these may have to be my first go at it! Amazing recipe and pictures once again!
Oh my Gosh Ally these are so good. I know you will love them!! This was my first time using Nutella too for baking…it’s usually just a spoon and a jar lol!
I absolutely love these photos, Zainab. I could just see them in a cook book 😉 Can you believe I’ve never made American-style cookies before? These might be just the ones to start experimenting with as they seem so tasty and yet simple!
Thank you Helen!! And what? You haven’t made these kind of cookies before?? Well you should definitely start but be warned they are addicting. Very addicting!!
I love Kayle too! These cookies definitely look like a winner! Love that ooey-gooey middle.
Love the combination of sea salt and nutella. I will definitely be trying these!
Brb, dead. Love this recipe so much. What is the purpose of the Greek yogurt in the recipe – I usually don’t do that!
Lol! Thanks Shikha. The Greek yogurt is for added softness. I’ve never used it in cookies before (cakes and muffins all the time) but it made these cookies extra soft!!
Salted Nutella?!?! I die. No more needs to be said. That’s okay, because your photos tell it all. Gorgeous!
hahha thanks Mary Frances!!
Did you mention the words “nutella” “brown butter” “chocolate” “salted” and “cookies” in the same sentence???? I’m so dying over these. They look like heaven in cookie form! Next time I’m baking a batch, you bet I’m trying this recipe ;–)
Yes!! All the above in a cookie 🙂
Girrrrl!! You are TOO sweet!!! And your photos look sooo much prettier than mine lol. These cookies…oh man…I’m craving them all over again!
Thanks Kayle! Your recipe is a killer. Well all your recipes. I’ve been in love lately lol!
You have outdone yourself with these cookies, my friend! I definitely need these in my life asap!
Brown butter, Nutella, and chocolate chips cookies all in one! These really do sound like the best cookies. I have never put Nutella in a cookie and I think I need to fix that soon. 🙂
Oh yeah Beth! That needs to be fixed. This was my first time too and I was just wondering what took me so long.
These are really outrageous cookies!
They look DIVINE
I need to grab a few right now ! 🙂
Thanks Winnie! They truly are amazing!