Nutella-Stuffed Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies
These nutella-stuffed salted chocolate chip cookies are made with brown butter, stuffed with nutella and sprinkled with sea salt to give you the BEST soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies on the block!
Happy Monday guys. I hope you all had a great weekend. I am still recovering from a long road trip I took this weekend so I’ll keep this short and quick. I have a great treat for you guys today!! These nutella stuffed salted chocolate chip cookies are now my favorite cookies. I don’t make cookies as much as I should. My idea of a quick treat are macarons or cupcakes but cookies are so classically comforting that I need to make them more often for myself. I made these a few weeks ago to enjoy on a weeknight and they were just so good, I had to remake and share with you.
But before we talk about the cookies, have you met Kayle, the dynamite behind The Cooking Actress? I’m sure you have but if you have not then you are missing out on a great blog and lady I tell ya. She has a great, I mean GREAT, variety of recipes. From cookies, homemade pizzas, breakfasts to a healthy obsession with cookie dough. She is one of my favorite blogs to read. Head on over and see for yourself 🙂
These nutella stuffed salted chocolate chip cookies come from her recipe archives and boy does she know her cookies! These cookies are amazing for a million reasons but mainly because a) well they are stuffed with NUTELLA!! so all that hazelnut goodness keeps the centers soft and chewy and b) the cookies are made with browned butter increasing the nutty flavor in the cookies and chewiness of the edges. Oh and c) they are sprinkled with sea salt for the perfect sweet and salty treat.
I tell you, these cookies are the best!! Try them please.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 2 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg + 1 yolk, room temperature
- 1 ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup milk chocolate chips
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 jar Nutella, chilled
- Coarse sea salt, for sprinkling
- Start by browning the butter. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Start whisking when it starts to foam and bubble. Whisk continuously until brown bits forms at the bottom of the pan. Remove from heat and pour into a heatproof bowl. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the cooled butter and sugars until light, about 2 minutes on medium speed. Add the egg, and yolk, vanilla extract and Greek yogurt. Beat until well combined. Reduce speed to low and slowly mix in the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the chocolate chips into the cookie dough. Cover dough with plastic wrap and chill for at least two hours (or up to a week).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- Using a small cookie scoop or tablespoon, scoop one tablespoon of dough, press the center with your thumb and fill with about 1 teaspoon of chilled nutella. Place another scoop of dough on top and press together to seal the nutella inside. Roll the whole thing into a ball and place two inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until the edges start to turn golden brown. Cool on baking sheet for about two minutes and sprinkle cookies with sea salt. Transfer to cooling rack.