Happy Friday friends! We made it to Friday and for that, we deserve a cocktail for that. May I suggest this refreshing peach frose?? It is sweet, tangy, and perfect for humid summer days.
We’ve had a few too many humid days and I’ve been enjoying frozen drinks almost daily. Whether it is this peach margarita or raspberry frose, I am enjoying cooling down with cocktails.
Making frozen beverages at home is very easy and almost not a recipe. Like this peach frose for example. It is simply blending together your favorite frozen fruit, in this case, peaches, and your favorite bottle of rose. The hardest part is sparing your rose but do not despair, you will be drinking it! Blend together the froze fruit, rose and some ice in a blender until smooth. That’s it!!
Depending on the rose wine you use or how sweet you like your cocktails, you could add a sweetener of your choice. Regardless, this drink is very customizable and easy to please a crowd or enjoy on your own.
That’s it on the recipe 🙂 How’s your summer going? I hope you are finding (safe) ways to still enjoy the essence of the season. I know it is hard with this complicated hard times but staying positive as much as we can is the best way to support each other through this.
We recently had two birthdays in our house and it was the first ‘real’ celebration we’ve had since March. My oldest turned 5!! How time has gone by. We had plans for a big birthday party this year at one of his favorite bounce houses. Alas, COVID had other plans and we ended up with just a small backyard playdate with two of his best friends. The essence of a summer party was alive with blown up pools and sprinklers, cake, and a summer day. In the end, he had a great day and is still talking about how ‘fun my party was’.
I hope as we learn to live in these seasons we tap into the essence and all that it drills down to. In the meantime, be sure to cool off with this peach frose on the next hot day.
- 1 cup frozen peaches
- 1 1/2 cup of your favorite rosé (or more), chilled
- 4 cups of ice cubes
- Optional: serve with fresh mint and fresh peaches
- In a blender bowl, combine the peaches, rose, and ice.
- Blend until smooth.
- You could add more rose for desired consistency.
- Pour frose into a large measuring cup and place it in the freezer for 30 minutes. This gives you that thick slushy consistency.
- At the same time, chill two serving glasses in the freezer. don't forget them there 🙂
- When ready to serve, pour the frose into the prepared glasses.
- Top with frozen peaches and enjoy.
- Serve immediately.