Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Granola
This hearty peanut butter granola is packed with nuts, chocolate and banana chips making it an indulgent healthy breakfast/ snack treat.
You all know by now that I am a huge fan of easy, grab-to-go breakfasts. Try as I may, I am always running late so having a power breakfast on-the-go keeps my mornings less stressful. Granola is perfect for this and I find myself making a new batch once or twice a month. I shared this recipe for peanut butter chocolate and banana chip granola a few weeks ago over at Or so She says where I am a monthly recipe contributor.
A few months ago I shared my favorite staple granola recipe, this Coconut Almond Granola and it is the one I go to always to experiment with. Sadly, I am not the only one who lives in this house so from time to time I have to indulge my peanut butter junkie husband. This peanut butter chocolate and banana chip granola combines two of his favorite things (and a lot of yours too!); peanut butter and chocolate.
Don’t let all the chocolate fool you, this granola is filled with lots of other delicious goodies. Oats, almonds, flaxseed, peanut butter and of course a little chocolate because peanut butter and chocolate is the best combination. When I made these I was in a hurry to get my pictures done before heading out so I added the chocolate chips before the granola was completely cooled. The melty mess above was the result but it sure tasted delicious! This is perfect for breakfast with yogurt (my favorite) or with milk (the hubs’ fave). It is also a great afternoon pick-me-up snack or post-gym munchies.
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- ¾ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup flaxseeds
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup banana chips, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oats, almonds and flaxseeds. In a medium saucepan set over medium heat, combine the maple syrup, peanut butter, molasses and brown sugar. Whisk until sugar dissolves and peanut butter melted. Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla bean paste. Pour over oat mixture and toss until evenly coated.
- Spread granola evenly on baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes until oats are golden brown.
- Cool mixture completely on wire rack. Mix in chocolate chips and banana chips.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with us on Instagram using #aclassictwist so we can see what you are baking up in your kitchen!