Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Bourbon Cream Cheese Frosting
The bourbon glaze was my favorite part and it’s a great compliment to pumpkin flavor. It just took this cake to the next level. The cake was such a huge hit in my house that the boy begged me not to share with anyone. Luckily as I said, I made half of the recipe so it wasn’t too much for just the two of us to enjoy in two to three days.
If you are looking for a great pumpkin cake, you have it right here folks! This pumpkin bundt cake is great tasting and would make for a nice centerpiece in your holiday season entertaining.
So what else is on your fall baking list? Seeing fall foliage is on mine and I am looking forward to taking a drive with the hubs to enjoy the beautiful vibrant colors. We are lucky to be living in upstate NY where we can see this in our city and backyards. I am also thinking of for the first time going to a pumpkin patch. We shall see if I am able to do that too.
For the Cake
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ¼ cups canned pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
For the Glaze
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon bourbon (or more to taste)
- 1 ½ cups confectioner’s sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 12-cup bundt pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, and salt. In a large measuring cup, whisk the pumpkin, buttermilk, and vanilla extract together.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes on medium speed. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beating until combined in between each addition.
- Reduce speed to low and add a third of the flour mixture. Add half of the pumpkin mixture and mix it until combined. Add another third of the flour and the rest of the pumpkin mixture. Mix until combined. Add the rest of the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 40-50 minutes (about 30 minutes for a 6-cup bundt pan) or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool on wire rack completely.
To make glaze
- On medium speed, beat the cream cheese and bourbon until smooth and fluffy. Add in the sugar and mix until combined. If the glaze is too thick, add a few teaspoons of milk or bourbon to thin out.
- Drizzle glaze over bundt cake before serving. Decorate with toasted pecan if desired.
Barely adapted from Tracey's Culinary Adventures
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Cholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with us on Instagram using #aclassictwist so we can see what you are baking up in your kitchen!