Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Do you know what I realized the other day? We are well into October and I’ve only shared two pumpkin recipes with you guys. Two! Talk about food blogger fail! I know you guys liked these pumpkin spice cupcakes with caramel cream cheese frosting and the pumpkin bundt cake with bourbon cream cheese glaze is quite popular so I’m not sure why I didn’t keep feeding your addiction.
Wait, I know. I’ve been so engulfed in apple baking ever since my orchard trip. But here today to help remedy this short-sight is my pumpkin cookie friend. I have friends that are known for different things and this one makes the softest pumpkin chocolate chip cookies EVER. I figured you guys would forgive me for my pumpkin lapse with her recipe! (I hope the bribery works 😉 )
Here is Trista. She surfaced earlier on the blog when she graduated and I made her these peanut butter high hat cupcakes.
Hello, loyal A Classic Twist followers! My name is Trista and I am a friend and schoolmate of Zainab’s. I have known her for over four years now and even had the pleasure of being a bridesmaid in her wedding about a year ago. I should also point out I have taken it upon myself to become her “inspiration” by “subtly” placing post-it notes in her cookbooks and suggesting different cakes that she could bake for me for any and all upcoming occasions. A few weeks ago Zainab had mentioned she was going to start baking for the autumn season, lots of apples and pumpkin flavors! Unlike Zainab, I am not a baker, heck I can barely cook anything more than a piece of toast. However, I have been told the pumpkin chocolate chip cookies I make are delicious and they were in high demand last autumn.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat together pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, egg, and vanilla extract until combined. In a separate small bowl, dissolve baking soda in milk and add to the pumpkin mixture.
- Add in the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop, place scoop full of dough onto prepared sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly brown and firm. Let cool completely on wire rack.
Recipe adapted from the Betty Crocker Book of Cookies
Thank you, Trista, for sharing this recipe today. And I don’t think those neon pink post-it notes are subtle…just saying man! I hope you guys enjoy these pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with us on Instagram using #aclassictwist so we can see what you are baking up in your kitchen!