Apple Spice Granola
Start the fall with a granola packed with all the warm spices of the season! This apple spice granola is your seasonal friend for a heartier breakfast or snack.
This week has flown by so fast and it has brought with it the cool breeze. It’s finally starting to feel like fall here in Upstate NY! Luckily the apples are ready for the picking because it won’t be fall without juicy apples from orchards around here. Of course, at the first sign of them, I picked up a few pounds from a local orchard and found myself all up apple desserts! Brace yourself, it’s about to get all apple-fest up in here.
My first recipe was this batch of apple spice granola to spice up my breakfast. My staple coconut almond granola got upgraded with a seasonal look! This granola sports all your favorite things of the season. Warm spices like cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg; sweet maple syrup and toasted pumpkin seeds. I added in some baked apple chips as well for additional apple flavor. All in all, this is going to be your new favorite granola of the season. It sure is mine and I am packing it to school everyday.
By the time you read this, I’ll be in NYC for the weekend attending a Better Homes and Garden Stylemaker event. I am so freaking excited to meet the editors, special guests and bloggers. Follow me on Instagram for updates over the weekend!
I hope you have a great weekend!!
- 3½ cups rolled oats
- ½ cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- ¼ cup almonds
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- ¾ cup applesauce, unsweetened
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup dried apples
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk the oats, pepitas, almonds and spices together.
- In a small saucepan set over medium heat, warm the applesauce, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until well combined.
- Spread the granola evenly onto a lined baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and toss in dried apples.
- Store in an airtight container.
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with us on Instagram using #aclassictwist so we can see what you are baking up in your kitchen!