Banana Coconut Macadamia Muffins
I’m not a big fan of breakfast. For a long time, I skipped it and went right to lunch…yeah those were my college days lol! But since I started baking, I am back on the breakfast bandwagon, thanks to the discovery of how easy muffins are to make. I whip up a batch every other week to have for those days when I need breakfast on the go. These banana coconut macadamia muffins were a recent favorite and I think you will love them too.
The muffins are extremely moist and full of flavor and just perfect with a cup of coffee or tea. They make for a great mid-afternoon tea snack too 🙂
So if you are like me and avoid breakfast, these banana coconut muffins are for you! This recipe makes 6 jumbo muffins (or 12 regular sized muffins) and you have a week’s worth of breakfast. I like freezing half of the muffins to enjoy later in the week.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 3 ½ tablespoons melted coconut oil or vegetable oil
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup sweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease 6 large muffin tins.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and brown sugar in a bowl.
- Mash the bananas and combine with the oil, yogurt, vanilla bean paste and egg in a medium bowl. Add the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Fold in the coconut flakes and macadamia nuts.
- Distribute batter into the prepared muffin tin. Optional: Sprinkle top with 2 tablespoon sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon (mixed).
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container.
You can make 12 regular muffins as well, just adjust the baking time (about 12-15 minutes).
Adapted from HERE