Caramel Coconut TWIX® Ice Cream
A creamy Caramel Coconut TWIX Ice Cream that is loaded with crunchy TWIX bites in each bite and an easy no-bake silky smooth Caramel TWIX Pie perfect for any summer soiree!
Yup, you read that right. We have two recipes today!!! I went a little crazy with my excitement and love for TWIX Bites that I created not ONE but TWO new recipes and they are both oh so good! A creamy Caramel Coconut Twix Ice Cream AND a Caramel Twix Pie. But we will get to them in a minute.
We’ve had a few graduations the past few weeks which has kept me quite busy in the baking department. In addition to my cousin in Indiana last weekend, the hubby graduated about three weeks ago and we had a small celebration for him with our family. Here he is all smiling 🙂
His request was this peanut butter chocolate cake (duh, it always is) but of course, I had to make something else in addition. I loved the combination of TWIX Bites and my favorite chocolate chip cookie in these Salted Caramel TWIX Cookie Bars. And so did you because those bars have been pinned like crazy and a few of you have told me you love the recipe too; thank you!! These two new TWIX recipes are new favorites and I have no doubt will be yours soon especially that one is ice cream and the other is a no-bake pie! Summer-perfect!
The Caramel TWIX Pie is my new go-to pie to whip up for any summer picnic or gathering and I’ve made it twice already!! It starts with a crunchy crust- a graham cracker pecan crust that is filled with a no-bake creamy yet slightly tangy caramel pie filling of cream cheese, whipped cream, salted caramel and TWIX Bites! It’s a piece of heaven in each bite. Crunchy creamy goodness!! But then the ice cream is just that too!!!
The caramel coconut TWIX ice cream is the best ice cream I’ve made for you so far! I initially was just going to make a creamy caramel ice cream with some TWIX Bites and drizzle in some chocolate. But as I was making this around midnight (when all the magic happens in my kitchen), I ran out of milk and since I wasn’t about to make a run to the store, I had to improvise. Coconut milk was all I had so I used it instead and this happened. I created a monster is all I can say. The combination of coconut, caramel, and chocolate is just freaking awesome. None of the flavors are overpowering but they are all distinctively blended yet each standout. You just have to trust me when I say this is awesome or better yet, try it!!
Adapted from Cuisinart Recipe Booklet
Adapted from Cuisinart Recipe Booklet
Needless to say, I’m very thrilled about these two recipes and so were our party guests!! They are both perfect for any summer gathering!! The caramel pie was gobbled so fast I couldn’t get a picture before people started eating. Here was the aftermath:
Seriously, you have to try these.
For Peanut Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (or 9 whole graham crackers)
- ¼ cup pecans (or cocktail peanuts if you like)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, cold
- 12 ounces cream cheese (1 1/2 packages), at room temperature
- 3/4 cup caramel sauce
- ⅓ cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- caramel drizzle, chocolate shavings
To make the crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-ince pie dish and set aside.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs and pecans (or peanuts) in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely ground. Drizzle the melted butter over the mixture and pulse until combined and mixtures looks like wet sand.
- Press into the bottom and sides of the prepared pie dish. Bake the crust until set, about 10-12 minutes. Transfer to a rack and let cool completely.
To make filling:
- Meanwhile, in the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed until soft peaks form. Transfer to a small bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a clean bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth, about 2-3 minute son medium speed. Beat in the caramel sauce, milk and vanilla extract until combined and smooth.
- Reduce speed to low and add in the powdered sugar. Mix until combined. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in half of the whipped cream until just incorporated and then fold in the rest. Spoon the filling into the crust and smooth the top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill until set, about 3 hours or overnight.
- To serve, top with chocolate shavings and caramel drizzles.
Cook time includes chilling time.