No Bake Key Lime Pie
This no-bake key lime pie has a creamy sweet-tart pie filling with a buttery graham cracker crust. This no-bake pie only requires a few ingredients and can be put together in 15 minutes.
Hey there, and welcome back, friends.
Enjoy a slice of no-bake key lime pie after a hot summer day. It’s easy to make and won’t require turning on your oven. If you ask me, I think it’s the best key lime pie recipe I’ve ever tasted!
No Bake Key Lime Pie
Summer wouldn’t be complete without making a no-bake key lime pie. I know it can be hard to find key limes in the grocery store, but it is worth the effort to find them so you can make the best key lime pie.
Key limes have a beautiful, distinct aroma and are slightly sweeter than regular limes. However, if you can’t find key limes, you can use regular limes.
I love making no-bake desserts for my sweet family. I used a premade graham cracker crust to save time. I also included a simple recipe for a homemade graham cracker crust in the recipe notes.
All you need to do is make the key lime pie filling. The pie filling can be made in less than 15 minutes!
I hope you enjoy this easy no-bake key lime pie.
No Bake Key Lime Pie Ingredients
You only need a few ingredients to make this cream cheese key lime pie. Using a premade graham cracker crust helps you put this pie together fast!
- a premade graham cracker crust
- some cream cheese
- a few key limes
- granulated sugar
- sweetened condensed milk
- green food coloring (optional)
How to Make No Bake Key Lime Pie
Use your hands to rub the key lime zest into the granulated sugar until well combined and fragrant.
In a large mixing bowl, add the cream cheese, and using an electric mixer, whip until fluffy.
Add the sweetened condensed milk, key lime juice, and green food coloring and mix until homogenous.
Pour the pie filling into the graham cracker crust, cover it, and allow the pie to set in the fridge for 3-4 hours.
Garnish the finished pie with lime slices and additional zest if desired.
Slice, serve, and enjoy!
When are key limes in season?
Key limes are only grown in a few areas in the United States. Key limes come from Florida and sometimes California too. Their season is from June till September. Key limes do not stay ripe for long. When you buy them, you need to use them immediately. Some grocery stores carry key limes from Mexico, which are available year-round.
Can you freeze a no-bake key lime pie?
Yes, you can freeze a no-bake key lime pie. The frozen key lime pie tastes great, eaten frozen or thawed. It’s a great way to cool off on a hot summer day. I suggest slicing the pie ahead so you can take out how many slices you want when you are ready to eat it.
What can I use if I don’t have key lime juice?
You can use lime juice if you do not have key lime juice. Key lime juice has a sweeter flavor than lime juice which has a more tart flavor. Also, key limes are more aromatic than regular limes. If you use lime juice instead of key lime juice, you can add a little bit more sugar to sweeten the pie.
Does key lime pie contain cream cheese?
Yes, key lime pie contains cream cheese. Cream cheese adds a creaminess to the pie filling that tastes so good. You do not want to skip adding this ingredient.
How long does key lime pie last?
Key lime pie lasts seven days in the refrigerator in an airtight container. You can also store it in the freezer for up to 3 months.
What does key lime pie taste like?
The sweet and tart flavor of key limes is enhanced with the creamy cheese filling. It is like ice cream but even better.
How to garnish key lime pie?
You can garnish the key lime pie with thinly sliced key limes, a little key lime zest, and whipped cream. I suggest keeping the garnishes simple. A few sliced key limes make the pie look stunning.
More No Bake Dessert Recipes
- No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- Classic No Bake Cheesecake Recipe
- No Bake Irish Cream Cheesecake
- No Bake Raspberry Greek Yogurt Cheesecake
No Bake Key Lime Pie Recipe
No Bake Key Lime Pie
- 8-inch premade graham cracker crust
- 16 oounces cream cheese, softened
- Zest of 2 key limes
- Juice of 5-6 key limes
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- Green food coloring (optional)
- Use your hands to rub the key lime zest into the granulated sugar until well combined and fragrant.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cream cheese, and using an electric mixer, whip until fluffy.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk, key lime juice, and green food coloring and mix until homogenous.
- Pour the pie filling into the graham cracker crust, cover it, and allow the pie to set in the fridge for 3-4 hours.
- Garnish the finished pie with lime slices and additional zest if desired. Slice, serve, and enjoy!
- In a pinch, the zest of 1 regular lime and the juice of 3 regular limes can be substituted for the key limes.
- You can make your graham cracker crust by combining 1 ½ cups of crushed graham crackers and seven tablespoons of melted butter. Press this mixture firmly into the base of a pie tin and chill in the fridge until set.
- You can set and store this pie in the freezer; just be sure to let it thaw on the counter for at least 15 minutes before slicing.
- A slice of this no-bake key lime pie is fantastic when paired with a dollop of freshly whipped cream!
If you share across social media, tag #aclassictwist, so I can see your beautiful creation come to life!
Happy baking, friends!