Peach Raspberry Cobbler
A delicious homemade peach raspberry cobbler recipe with a juicy peach filling and a moist and flaky biscuit topping. Perfect for summer picnics and parties.
I couldn’t let the summer go by without making at least one peach recipe. This peach raspberry cobbler is going to be the only peach recipe I share here before the start of Apple season.
To be honest, I’ve been enjoying peaches all season and got Elliott hooked on it too. His daycare teachers say he is the only one in his class that eats peaches and loves it, so I’ve been buying it by the pound. I figured it was about time I baked something with them before it’s too late in the season for juicy peaches.
I got the recipe for this peach cobbler from the back of a recipe card from the grocery store with a beautiful peach cobbler photo. We truly eat with our eyes because I couldn’t get that cobbler out of my mind after drooling over it.
This peach raspberry cobbler has a juicy interior of fresh peaches and raspberries baked to perfection under a moist and buttery biscuit topping. The golden brown topping is a great compliment to the sweet filling.
If you are looking for a great end of summer dessert, then this peach raspberry cobbler is one to try. It won’t disappoint and the individual portions make it perfect for entertaining. But you can also bake the entire recipe in one big casserole dish for a more family style experience. Either way, it will taste the same and it’s amazing if I must say so myself.
Peach Raspberry Filling:
- 4-5 peaches, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 teaspoon vanllla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- a dash of salt
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place 4 8-ounce ramekins on the baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, cornstarch and lemon zest. In another medium bowl, toss the peaches and vanilla extract. Add the sugar mixture over the peaches and gently fold. Add the raspberries and gently fold with your fingers.
- In a small measuring cup, whisk together the egg, melted butter and heavy cream. In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the heavy cream mixture. Using a fork, slowly mix in the flour until a sticky dough forms.
- Spoon the peach mixture into the prepared ramekins, filling each to the top. Using a tablespoon scoop, top each ramekin with two scoops of dough. Pat the dough gently on top of the fruit and cover the entire surface. Brush the surface of each with heavy cream and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake until juices bubble and crust is golden brown, about 35-40 minutes. Let cobbler rest for 15 minutes before serving.
Adapted from the back of a recipe card.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Cholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with us on Instagram using #aclassictwist so we can see what you are baking up in your kitchen!