With the holidays, comes the need for entertaining cocktails! This pomegranate sparkler with it’s sweet and bubbly nature is perfect for holiday festivities!
One of my favorite things about the food blogging community is getting to build relationships with wonderful ladies and it does’t get any better than when you get to meet these online friends in real life. This weekend I was lucky to attend Mixed Conference (thanks Paula) where I met a few blogging friends at the beautiful Mountain Lake Lodge Resort (where Dirty Dancing was shot!!). Spending time with folks that are just as passionate about food and creating recipes was a dream come true. I got to meet Erin, Carrie, Emily, Liz, Tracey and many more after following each other online for a while.
These conferences are not all about socializing with fellow foodies and there is a lot of learning. We had experts in different things leading sessions from SEO optimization, to media marketing and photography and food styling. I learned so much from each of these sessions and left inspired and armed with new tools to make this space a better place for all of you.
But enough about my conference. Let’s talk about this beautiful fruit in front of us! I love pomegranates for no other reason than their color. Just seeing those arils make me happy. I bought my first two of the season last week and after throwing some on this kale salad and baked some in these pomegranate oatmeal cookies, I still had a few left to play around with. A cocktail was definitely in order.
It’s been a while since we had a cocktail around here and we can only toast the upcoming holiday season with a sparkler. Pomegranate sparklers to enjoy one of winter’s prettiest fruits! Pomegranate juice + vodka + lime juice + sparkling soda make for a smooth refreshing seasonal cocktail. Entertain your guests this holiday season with this bubbly!
- 2 parts pomegranate juice
- 1 part lime juice
- 2 parts vodka (or to taste)
- Sweetened with simple syrup to taste (optional)
- Club Soda
- To garnish: Pomegranate arils, Lime wedges
- If using simple syrup: combine equal parts of sugar and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil until sugar dissolves and remove from heat. Cool completely.
- In a cocktail mixer, combine the pomegranate juice. lime juice, vodka and simple syrup. Add 4-6 ice cubes and shake for about 20 seconds.
- Strain juice into cocktail glasses and top off with club soda or sparkling water. Garnish with pomegranate arils and lime wedges.
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with us on Instagram using #aclassictwist so we can see what you are baking up in your kitchen!