Pumpkin Pecan Pie Bars with Marshmallow Topping & Thanksgiving Leftovers
These pumpkin pecan pie bars are your favorite pumpkin pecan pie in a bar form. I am sharing this recipe in partnership with Krusteaz, for whom I am proud to be a brand ambassador. As always, all opinions are 100% mine.
Let’s talk about Thanksgiving leftovers, shall we? Yes, I know the big day is not even here yet, but it’s right around the corner, and as tradition calls, everyone overcooks, and it makes sense to start my Thanksgiving recipe sharing with leftovers in mind. There will be lots of leftover food that must be creatively repurposed. We will be knees deep with food from turkey breasts to cranberry sauce to pumpkin puree.
My first tip about leftovers? Getting in some activities post-thanksgiving dinner. Before you start cooking again with those leftovers, I suggest you plan some outdoor activities on the Friday after Thanksgiving or the weekend to walk off all the food from the day before. My personal favorite: Hitting the mall in the late afternoon of Friday to shop because by then, all the crazy 4 a.m. shoppers have left. But if shopping isn’t your thing, do something else, and as long as you are moving and getting hungry, you are on track.
One of my favorite ingredients to use for Thanksgiving leftovers is pumpkin puree. I know I stock up on canned pumpkin puree like it’s liquid gold during this time of the year and usually save a few for later but to use up some while it’s still in season, here are some recipe ideas for you to use your leftover pumpkin puree from the holidays, starting with these pumpkin pecan pie bars!
Pumpkin Pecan Pie Bars – your favorite pumpkin pecan pie in a bar form. So much easier than making a whole pie (we just had way too much of that already), and it is even quicker when you start with Krusteaz Pumpkin Pie Bar Mix. They also use up any leftover marshmallows you have on hand!! You can find the recipe HERE on Krusteaz.com.
- 1 package gingerbread crust mix from Krusteaz Pumpkin Pie Bar Mix
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 package pumpkin filling from Krusteaz Pumpkin Pie Bar Mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup toasted pecans, chopped
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8x8-inch baking pan or 9-inch pie pan.
- Stor crust mix and 3 tablespoons melted butter with a fork until blended. Mix in the pecans. PRESS evenly into the bottom of the pan. BAKE for 5 minutes.
- Whisk filling mix, water, eggs, and 4 tablespoons melted butter until smooth. Add in the pecans.
- Whisk filling mixture again and pour over hot crust.
- BAKE 26-30 minutes or until filling is set and the center does not jiggle when lightly shaken. Top with mini marshmallows and bake until toasted in the last 2-3 minutes of the baking time.
- Cool completely before cutting. Store in refrigerator.
What are some of your favorite ways to use up your Thanksgiving leftovers?