Red Velvet Donuts
Happy Galentine’s Day ladies!! Yes, you fabulous lady reading this. These red velvet donuts were made in your honor and celebrating the amazingness that is you and your support of my little space on the internet. I am thank you for each and everyone of you 🙂
I am joining a few blogger gal pals in celebrating Galentine’s Day! Thank you Nancy and Courtney for hosting this party and reminding us to take a break and to celebrate and support all the wonderful women in our lives.
What’s Galentine’s Day? Some of you may have no idea so here’s Leslie Knope (Parks & Rec) to explain: “Oh, it’s only the best day of the year. Every February 13th, my lady friends and I leave our husbands and our boyfriends at home, and we just come and kick it, breakfast-style. Ladies celebrating ladies. It’s like Lilith Fair, without the angst. Plus frittatas.” Got it? It’s celebrating the wonderful women in our lives and also recognizing that we need to support each other. All over brunch with these red velvet donuts.
Like most of my donut recipes on the blog, these babies are baked and are pretty much an excuse to eat cake for breakfast or brunch. With the classic red velvet flavor hiding some chocolate, who can say no to that first thing in the morning?
In the spirit of Galentine’s Day, I am taking this time to THANK all of you wonderful women in my life. Without you, I cannot be the daughter, sister, wife, mother or friend I am. I rely on your support, advice, friendship and love daily to make it through. You all know who you are and I appreciate you 🙂
Now, go make these donuts for your gal pals and be sure to let them know you are there for them.
For the glaze:
I’m so happy to be participating in this year’s Galentine’s Day with these ladies. Check out their recipes below:
- Caramel Cheesecake from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Hula Pie from Heather’s Dish
- Red Velvet Donuts from Blahnik Baker
- Strawberry Chocolate Chip Pancakes from NeighborFood
- Pecan Sticky Buns from The Cooking Actress
- Gin Lime Coconut Truffles from Food Lust People Love
- Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies from Wallflour Girl
- Lavender Ice Cream from NinjaBaker
- Three Ingredient Valentine’s Day M&M Fudge from Big Bear’s Wife
- Smores Waffle Sticks from A Cookie Named Desire
- Cherry Chocolate Chip Cheesecake from Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt
- Chocolate Frosted Fudgy Brownies with Strawberries from Pineapple and Coconut
- Nutella Layer Cake from gotta get baked