According to my baby app (What to Expect), this growing boy is about the size of a coconut at the moment. First of all, it is so weird that they measure baby growth by the sizes of fruits. Uhmm?? Not sure that is cute coz all I think about is eating these fruits. Anyway, when I saw coconut pop up this week, I got excited!! One more reason to have some coconut treats this week and get this baby’s taste buds adjusted right away. You know I am one to NOT pass up an opportunity to get my coconut love on.
The hubs and I ate at P.F Chang’s the week before and I had one of their coconut coolers and it was delicious!! A little sweet for my taste but I loved the heavy coconut flavors and I decided to replicate it at home. These coconut coolers are a sweet combination of coconut milk, coconut cream and some ice. Simple, easy and yet refreshing on a hot humid day. They are now my go-to drink these days as it is so easy to whip up and I can get all my coconut fix in a jiffy. They are easy to customize as well. Try adding fresh fruit toppings, mixing in pineapple juice for a more tropical flavor or heck add some rum to get the party started. I just left things simple … added a few chopped strawberries in this batch for the pop of color. But feel to free to make these your own and enjoy some coconut loving.
Now I am looking forward to celebrating the watermelon stage of this baby growth!!! Although I am sure by the time I am carrying a watermelon, I will not be in a celebratory mood. Hmmm, maybe I should get started sooner rather than later 😉
Have a great weekend friends!
- 1 can coconut milk (13.5 oz)
- 1/4 cup coconut cream (or more to taste)
- 3 tablespoons rum (optional)
- Garnish: fresh strawberries
- Combine the coconut milk and coconut cream in a blender. Blend until smooth. Taste and add more coconut cream if you want it sweeter.
- Divide ice cubes into three glasses. Add rum to glasses if using. Top glasses with coconut mixture. Garnish with strawberries. Enjoy!