Hey there, and welcome back, friends.
You are in for a treat this summer!
I created another Paloma drink to enjoy in this summer heat. This refreshing Strawberry Paloma is made with simple ingredients like fresh strawberries, lime juice, and sparkling water.
It’s a pitcher drink that’s perfect for a crowd and can be made in minutes. You’re going to love this strawberry tequila drink.
What is a Paloma Cocktail?
I love making Paloma drinks. They are so easy to make and everyone loves them. A traditional Paloma drink is made with tequila and mixed with lime juice and a grapefruit-flavored soda served with some ice and a rim coated in a salt mixture.
For this recipe, I created a tasty strawberry-infused Paloma drink. I used fresh strawberries and pureed them and added a spicy chili-lime salt rim to bring out all of the flavors of the strawberries.
Ingredients for Strawberry Paloma Cocktail
- tequila of your choice
- fresh strawberries
- lime juice
- agave syrup
- sparkling water
- lime wedge
- garnishes like sea salt, sugar, or chili-lime salt for rimming, fresh basil leaves, and fresh strawberry slices.
How to Make a Strawberry Paloma
Take your large pitcher and combine some tequila, fresh strawberry puree, lime juice, and agave syrup. Next, stir until everything is well incorporated.
Once you are ready to serve, add the ice and the sparkling water. Stir with a wooden spoon.
To assemble the individual drinks, take your glasses and rub a lime wedge around the edge of the glasses and dip them onto a plate filled with sea salt, granulated sugar, or a mixture of chili powder and salt.
Pour the strawberry Paloma into the glasses and garnish with fresh basil leaves.
Can you make a Paloma drink ahead of time?
When I’m hosting a party, I need to prepare some of the drinks and food ahead of time. This delicious cocktail can be made up to 2 days in advance. Cover the pitcher with some saran wrap or a lid and add the ice and sparkling water before serving.
How to Make a Non-Alcoholic Paloma
This refreshing strawberry Paloma can be made into a non-alcoholic cocktail. Add all of the ingredients except for the tequila. I suggest adding an extra cup of sparkling water to replace the cup of tequila.
What is the Best Tequila for Paloma?
For this strawberry Paloma drink, you can use any kind of tequila you have on hand. If you want to make the best Paloma you can use Tequila Blanco Corralejo because it has a fruity profile that will complement the strawberries.
Can I use Frozen Strawberries instead of Fresh Strawberries?
Yes, you can use frozen strawberries instead of fresh strawberries to make a strawberry Paloma. I feel fresh strawberries will taste the best since they are full of flavor and are perfectly ripe.
Strawberry Paloma Recipe Tips
- To make this drink more tart, add extra lime
- To add more sweetness, add more agave syrup
- You can use fresh or frozen peaches to make the puree.
- You can also use lime-flavored sparkling water if you want to give it a zestier kick.
More Tequila Drinks
- Frozen Grapefruit Margaritas
- Frozen Pineapple Mango Margaritas
- Frozen Peach Margarita
- Hibiscus Margaritas with Pineapple and Jalapenos
What do you think of this refreshing strawberry Paloma cocktail? What would you serve with this drink? Let me know in the comment section below.
If you share across social media, make sure to tag #aclassictwist, so I can see your beautiful creation come to life!
Happy mixing, friends!
- 1 cup tequila of your choice
- 1 ⅓ cups strawberry puree (2-3 cups fresh strawberries, blended)
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ⅓ cup agave syrup (adjust to taste)
- 3 cups ice
- 1 cup sparkling water
- Lime wedge
- Sea salt, sugar or chili-lime salt for rimming
- Basil leaves and fresh strawberry slices as a garnish
- In a large pitcher combine tequila, strawberry puree, lime juice, and agave syrup. Stir until everything is well incorporated.
- Once you are ready to serve add the ice and the sparkling water. Stir with a wooden spoon.
- Rub a lime wedge around the edge of the glasses and dip them onto a plate filled with sea salt or granulated sugar or a mixture of chili powder and salt.
- Pour the Paloma into the glasses and garnish with fresh basil leaves.
- You can use fresh or frozen strawberries to make the puree. Heck, you can use any fruit!
- You can also use lime-flavored sparkling water if you want to
give it a zestier kick.
- You can make it in advance up to the step of adding the ice and
sparkling water. It lasts covered and refrigerated for up to 2 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.