Frozen Pineapple Mango Margaritas
These frozen pineapple mango margaritas are the perfect combination of sweet and salty with a tropical twist.
You guys!! Tropical margaritas are in the house today! I haven’t shared a cocktail recipe with you since last summer. WHAT?? How is that even possible? These peach raspberry martinis were the last cocktail and that was last summer. Needless to say, these Frozen Pineapple Mango Margaritas are here to rectify that and be available to you as you plan ahead to Cinco de Mayo. Not like we need a holiday for a cocktail anyway.
Margaritas are my weakness. Along with martinis and sparklers. But margaritas are special as they tend to combine sweet and salty in one drink. They are also versatile and why I love the endless flavor combinations. Remember this hibiscus margaritas from last summer? Such a bold delicious drink.
These frozen pineapple mango margaritas combine two of my favorite tropical flavors. You can choose to make this on the rocks but I had frozen mangoes and pineapples to use. For a hot summer day, I can imagine these being refreshing and perfect for any backyard get-togethers. A great flavor combination of sweet tropical fruits with a hint of salty-spicy.
So friends, as you go into this weekend, be sure to try this frozen margarita. They are easy to whip up – just a blender and some tequila and triple sec. If you are hosting or celebrating Cinco de Mayo, these pineapple mango margaritas will be a hit.
For the glasses:
- Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- a lime wedge
For the margaritas:
- 2 cups ice
- ½ cup mango (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup pineapples (fresh or frozen)
- 2 ounces tequila
- 1-ounce triple sec
- 1-ounce simple syrup
- Combine salt and chili powder on a small plate. Rub the rim of your glasses with the lime wedge. Dip glasses in salt. Set aside in freezer while you prepare the drinks.
- In a blender, combine all the ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the drinks into the glasses. Garnish with lime wedges.
- To serve on the rocks, shake the ingredients in a cocktail shaker and pour over a glass of ice.
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with us on Instagram using #aclassictwist so we can see what you are baking up in your kitchen!