Strawberry Basil Sparkler
Your summer date nights should not be without this Strawberry Basil Sparkler – so refreshingly good.
Hey guys!! I have another cocktail for you today as part of my Pinnacle Cocktail series!! Throughout this summer, I’m featuring some of my favorite cocktail recipes and sharing fun ways you can incorporate them into your everyday summer celebrations. Remember this Raspberry Rosewater Cocktail for Girl’s Night In? Still in love with that flavor combination.
But today, let’s talk about romantic date nights! Why? Because they are necessary in life. I made these strawberry basil sparklers on a recent date night at home with the hubby. Mr J and I don’t get to go out on dates very often. Blame it on conflicting schedules, people working weekends (ahem not me), broke grad student life and the whole virtual need to be blogging always. So when we finally do find time by ourselves, we love staying in (yes we are home bodies!) and enjoy a nice meal, drinks and some desserts.
Remember my strawberry picking escapade a few weeks ago? (Ahhhh those sweet juicy strawberries really made the start of summer blissful) This strawberry basil sparkler happened right after as I was looking for a refreshing drink but at the same time a drink that I might serve at our romantic date night later that week.
Isn’t the bold red color beautiful? The sweet juicy strawberry syrup with the herbal blend of basil makes a very refreshing summertime drink. You can make this drink by the glass (as the recipe below suggests) but I would make it by the pitcher because it is perfect to serve on any soiree!
So the next time you are planning a date night at home, consider whipping this sparkler up for you and your beau!! I used my favorite Pinnacle Whipped Vodka for these and loved how the subtle hint of whipped cream flavor made this fruity cocktail smooth!
2 oz Pinnacle Whipped Vodka 2 tablespoons strawberry syrup Sparkling water or club soda A squeeze of lemon 2-3 basil leaves, chopped or torn Sliced strawberries for garnish Simple Strawberry syrup: 6-7 strawberries 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 oz Pinnacle Whipped Vodka
- 2 tablespoons strawberry syrup
- Sparkling water or club soda
- A squeeze of lemon
- 2-3 basil leaves, chopped or torn
- Sliced strawberries for garnish
Simple Strawberry syrup:
- 6-7 strawberries
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- To make the simple syrup: In a glass cup, muddle together the strawberries and granulated sugar until strawberries break down and juices run. Pass mixture through a fine sieve and collect juices.
- In a tall glass, combine lemon juice and basil leaves. Muddle together. Stir in strawberry syrup and vodka. Add crushed or cracked ice cubes to glass and fill up with sparkling water. Garnish with strawberries and a basil leaf.
Pinnacle Vodka shakes things up with unexpected experiences and delightful discoveries. Explore with other fun flavors at http://www.pinnaclevodka.com. Also, check us out on Facebook and Twitter. Or and find more fun entertaining and drink ideas on our Pinterest page.