Mint Chocolate Mousse Cups
These no-bake mint chocolate mousse cups combines two classic flavors in one creamy bite-sized serving. Perfect for St Patrick’s Day celebrations.
Hello friends!! I have another St Patrick’s Day recipe for you today. I made these mint chocolate mousse cups for my husband last week and I was not going to share them since they were so easy. But they were too good not to share and I hope you enjoy them as much as he did.
The hubs requested a mint chocolate cheesecake recently as I was brainstorming recipe ideas for March with him. This is what we do on long car rides when the baby is sleeping in the back seat. When you are married to a baker blogger, it is not often you get your wife to bake you what you want, unless it is Pi Day competition at work and she gets all excited to win. But pies aside, he doesn’t get his requests into the schedule very often. So he threw this request in knowing that seasonal flavors are the way to persuade me. But I was too lazy to make an actual cheesecake like this Irish Cream cheesecake with whiskey caramel so I decided to do a no-bake cheesecake instead to satisfy his cravings. It’s a quick and easy way to get indulgent creamy cheesecake without the hassle.
Using this no bake Irish Cream cheesecake as an inspiration, I infused this cheesecake with mint extract, chopped Andes mint and a slight hint of green coloring. It’s a creamy delicious filling! To serve, I used chocolate cups I found at Home Goods. I’ve actually had these in my pantry for months now and forgot about them. They are perfect to serve fruits, pudding, ice cream or mousse. You can buy them here on Amazon (<—affiliate link) and get creative with them!
These no bake mint chocolate mousse cups are easy to whip up! With a good dose of mint, Andes mint and a crunchy chocolate cup, the creamy mousse filling is a perfect way to get your mint fix!
Mint Chocolate Mousse Cups
These no-bake mint chocolate mousse cups combines two classic flavors in one creamy bite-sized serving.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup heavy cream, chilled
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon mint extract
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- one drop of green food coloring
- ¼ cup chopped Andes mint chocolate, and more for topping
- Chocolate cups, for serving
- Chill a medium bowl (or bowl of the stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment) in the freezer for at least 10 minutes. Beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy., about 3-5 minutes. Remove from the bowl and set aside. Don’t worry about washing the bowl. Add the heavy cream, powdered sugar, mint extract, vanilla extract and food coloring. Whisk the cream until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold in the cream cheese mixture into the whipped cream until combined. Fold in the chopped mint chocolate into the mousse. Chill for at least an hour or overnight.
- Using a piping bag and tip of your choice (I used Wilton Tip 1M), fill in the chocolate cups with the mousse when ready to serve. I used these chocolate serving cups. Top with remaining chopped mint chocolate.
- You can easily double the recipe for a bigger crowd.
- If you don't have the chocolate cups, you can serve the mousse in clear serving cups or ramekins lined with chopped Andes Mint at the bottom.
OMG Zainab! These look sooooo good! I love chocolate and mint. And I feel less alone knowing I’m not the only one who gets competitive when baking pie :).
Thank you Kelsie!!
SO glad you decided to share these, because my husband is OBSESSED with mint chocolate EVERYTHING and mousse is one of his favorites! Obviously he is going to go CRAY over these cups! They look absolutely delicious and the color is so pretty, girlfriend! LOVE LOVE LOVE! Cheers!
yay! Hope you make them for him 🙂
Girl, you speak my language; mint, chocolate, & easy – love, love, love!! Pinning! 🙂
Hhahah easy being the key there!! Glad you love it. Thanks for pinning and sharing!
That looks delicious, and I love that this is a no bake recipe!
So I’m realizing that, especially after you have a kid, there is no such thing as a TOO EASY dessert recipe!!! It’s either doable or impossible lol. These are currently some of the few things in the “doable” camp right now AND it’s my husband’s birthday next weekend AND he loves mint chocolate. WIN.
Hhaha I so agree. Easy, quick and no bake desserts are always life savers.
this color! it’s a hint of green but not crazy scary neon green, which i like (: and while i love baked cheesecake, this sounds perfect for those days when i want cheesecake in an hour, not the next day (;
ooooh Michael would love this! They look so simple and decadent yet refreshing!
Make it for him!!
Hello! Is this something I can make a day or 2 in advance? Thanks!
Hi Sarah, you can definitely make the mousse a day or two ahead but I don’t recommend assembling it until the day you are ready to serve. I find that the chocolate gets sweaty when refrigerated for too long. Hope that helps!
Could you use this mousse as a filling between cake layers?
Hi Catherine, I haven’t tried that but I don’t see why not. Let me know if you do 🙂