Very Berry Coconut Chia Smoothie
This Very Berry Coconut Chia Smoothie is a power smoothie packed with flavor and nutrients! Filled with your favorite berries, coconut flakes, and chia seeds, it is the right way to start your day on the go.
Happy Monday! I am so excited to be back and posting new recipes. It’s been a crazy few weeks with me traveling all over the place. I just got back last night from a long stretch that involved a Maryland weekend, followed by a week-long conference in the outskirts of Boston and a weekend exploring Boston with the hubs where we had an amazing time staying with one of my girlfriends. I will share with you pictures and details of the trip later this week on a BEYOND THE OVEN post. For now, it’s a recipe!! This very berry chia smoothie is one of my new favorite ways to start my day, especially on a hot summer day.
After an overhaul in my schedule, I am itching to get back to a routine. That includes getting my breakfast back in line. I LOVE fresh berries and the summer is the perfect time to enjoy them at their prime. You will always find pints of berries in our fridge and I am constantly throwing them in everything we are eating. Anything from salads, desserts, or in this new favorite smoothie; a very berry coconut chia smoothie.
I made this smoothie a few weeks ago when school was hectic and I’ve been enjoying it every morning since including today as I try to get back in the game. It’s packed with lots of berries (duh!) and nutrients.
I use whatever berries I have in hand which that day were raspberries, strawberries, and blackberries. Coconut milk and toasted coconut flakes added in my favorite flavor and of course a heaping serving of chia seeds for a boost of fiber and nutrients.
This delicious power smoothie with just the right amount of sweetness is quite filling for breakfast and will keep you going for hours. You have to try it!!
What are some of your favorite smoothies? For me, I need it to be fruity with a touch of sweetness and a sneaky dose of a healthier ingredient. Here are some other favorite smoothies from the recipe archives.
Tell me below in the comments what your favorite smoothie is! If you are looking for a new one to try, try this very berry coconut one!
- 1 cup + 3 tablespoons canned coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon Bob's Red Mill chia seeds
- 1 cup mixed frozen berries (blackberries, raspberries, strawberries)
- 1 tablespoon Bob's Red Mill coconut flakes, toasted or untoasted
- 1 tablespoon organic maple syrup (optional)
- (if using fresh berries, use ice cubes)
- (Optional) In a small bowl, mix the chia seeds with 3 tablespoons coconut milk. Let soak for at least 20 minutes.
- In a blender, combine all the ingredients with the chia seeds and blend until your desired consistency.
- Soaking the chia seeds in coconut milk is optional and a personal preference. You can just add the dry seeds to the blender and mix.