Cranberry Orange Vanilla Cookies
I am sharing this cranberry orange vanilla cookies recipe in partnership with Krusteaz, for whom I am proud to be a brand ambassador. As always, all opinions are 100% mine.
It’s holiday cookies baking time!! It’s seriously one of my favorite things about the holidays. Every year, I bake dozens of cookies to ship to friends and family, and I try two or three new recipes each year. Although this year, my husband insists I bring back the ginger molasses cookies from two years ago, and my father-in-law already put in a request for these homemade peppermint marshmallows. But I will still add new cookies to my holiday boxes, and these cranberry orange vanilla cookies are a great contender.
After using cranberries in these cranberry thyme sparklers, it was about time I added some into some baked goods. After all, the tart addition of cranberries to baked goods like cookies, muffins, or cupcakes always balances off the sweetness.
These cookies start with one of my favorite cookie box mixes; Krusteaz Butter Vanilla Sugar Cookie Mix. The soft buttery cookie is great on its own, and I usually just have it that way, but it was a great blank canvas to add some seasonal flavors to. With fresh cranberries, orange zest, juice, and an optional white chocolate chip addition, these cookies will bring the holiday cheer to anyone you share them with.
Who am I kidding, they are going into my holiday cookie jar! And I hope you try them too. Be sure to grab the RECIPE over on Krusteaz.com, where I share it with their readers.
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- zest of 1 medium orange (~1 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- I box Krusteaz butter vanilla sugar cookie mix or any vanilla sugar cookie mix
- ½ cup fresh cranberries
- (optional: 1/3 cup white chocolate chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the egg, butter, orange zest, and orange juice in a large bowl. Add in the cookie mix and mix until combined and dough forms.
- Fold the fresh cranberries into the dough.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop out cookie dough and place 2-inch apart on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies until the cookies are lightly golden, about 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool on a wire rack before enjoying!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.