Cucumber Infused Gin Cocktail
This Cucumber Infused Gin cocktail will soon be your go-to cocktail for the summer. It is something you can sip by the pool all summer long!
It is the time of year for summer cocktails. So if you are looking for a delicious, refreshing, and leaving you wanting more cocktails —you have come to the right place for the perfect recipe. This drink makes you feel like you’re on vacation without leaving your house.
Did you know that infusing Gin with cucumber makes the flavor a little more refreshing? It’s not just an elegant brunch cocktail; it’s a refreshing summer drink for the porch. I love topping it with fresh ingredients and a pretty highball glass.
Let’s get started with at-home Cucumber Infused Grapefruit Gin.
First, you want to cut 1/3 of a cucumber, peel it, and remove the seeds. Next, you want to cut the cucumber into sticks. Place your cucumber sticks into a jar with 6oz of your favorite Gin. Now, this is where the infusing comes in. Seal the jar and leave it in a fantastic spot for 12 – 18 hours before using the Cucumber Infused Gin to make a cocktail.
For this cocktail, I picked grapefruit to mix with my gin. It is a refreshing combination!! Let’s get to making it.
You want to mix your grapefruit juice with honey for the Gin. Use fresh grapefruit juice if you can please. It is the best!
Carefully peel a thin cucumber piece to make the twist around the inside of your glass.
Add your grapefruit juice and Gin to your drink.
Fill your glass with ice and top with club soda. I love garnishing with edible flowers, real flowers, fresh mint, and a piece of grapefruit.
I would always suggest adding ice cubes to your cocktail. But go for a single large ice cube. They have special ice-cube trays, and they are well worth it. Because this is a fizzy cocktail, they work better. Smaller ice cubes melt fast, making the drink go flat.
Drink up and enjoy. It is just delicious, refreshing, and leaving you wanting more.
If you love a refreshing cocktail you don’t even have to leave your house for and can make right in your own kitchen; you will want to check out Raspberry Rosewater Cocktail, Blackberry Lavender Cocktail, or Sparkling Grapefruit Cocktail.
As soon as you try your Cucumber Infused Gin, make sure you leave me a comment or snap a picture and share it on social media. Make sure to tag #aclassictwist. I can’t wait to see how you are enjoying your cocktail with friends, family, or just for brunch.
Cheers to the best summer ahead!
- 2 oz of Gin
- 3 oz of grapefruit juice
- 2 oz Club Soda
- 1 Tablespoon Agave syrup or honey
- For garnish a thin slice of cucumber for the twist and some grapefruit triangles
- Cucumber infused Gin: (Serves 3 drinks)
- 6 oz of gin
- ⅓ of a large cucumber cut into sticks (no seeds and peeled)
Cucumber infused gin:
- Cut ⅓ of a cucumber, peel it, and remove the seeds. Cut the cucumber into sticks.
- Place into a jar with 6 oz of your favorite gin.
- Seal the jar and leave it in a cool spot for 12 -18 hours before using.
- Mix grapefruit juice with the honey. Mix well until combined.
- Carefully peel a very thin cucumber piece to make the twist around the inside of your glass.
- Add your grapefruit juice and gin to your glass.
- Fill with ice and top with club soda.
- Garnish with edible flowers or a piece of grapefruit.
To make cucumber-infused gin for one drink it is a very small piece of cucumber and takes 12 - 18 hours to infuse, so I recommend at least preparing the 6 0z of gin. If you decide to make less, make it proportional to the amount suggested above.