Roasted Pears with Oat Crumble
Tender, juicy roasted pears are topped with a sweet and crunchy nut-oat crumble and a dollop of mascarpone cheese in this easy, delicious Roasted Pears with Oat Crumble.
Hey hey!! Today is the first official day of Fall!!!
Yes, I know it has felt like fall for most of us for a few weeks now but I am so excited we can all finally settle in into our boots, scarves, lattes and apple baking…and pumpkins! But let’s not forget about the pears. Pears are one of my favorite things to snack on and their abundance in the fall makes me happy. Baked pears are even more amazing as I discovered last year in this spiced pear bread and pear walnut chocolate pie! Those were two are my favorite ways to enjoy pears until I decided to just roast them in this simple roasted pear and oat crumble dessert.
Pears are very underrated and people tend to overlook them next to their fall counterparts. But they are the most delicious baked fruits; they are tender, juicy, and have a more intense flavor. Just like these roasted pears! Ripe and firm Bartlett (or Anjou if you like) pears are roasted until soft and topped with an addictive nut-oat crumble and served with a drizzle of honey and a dollop of mascarpone cheese. Simply sweet and crunchy and an indulgent dessert perfect for fall.
I love easy dessrts like this for lazy cozy evenings or even when entertaining at home. This would be perfect for a dinner party of 4-6 as it is elegant yet low maintenance. There’s just something about the smell of baked spiced pears with that crunchy top that sends it over the top. Of course the mascarpone pairing with honey adds a little tang and sweet to this already great dessert.
I hope you add these roasted pears to your fall bakign list! Happy baking.
- 4 large firm but ripe Barlett or Anjou pears
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup nuts (a mixture of pecans, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflowers etc)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut each pear in half and place on a baking sheet with the cut side facing up.
- Remove the seeds using a spoon to scoop out the seeds/core.
- In a small bowl, whish together the oats, nuts, bown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Add in the melted butter and stir until combined. Use your fingers to create clumps in the oat mixture.
- Spoon about a tablespoon of the oat mixture into the center of each pear.
- Bake pears in the oven for about 30 minutes or until tneder and oats are lightly browned.
- Remove from baking sheet. Serve each pear with a dollop of mascapone cheese and a drizzle of honey.
- Enjoy warm!
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with us on Instagram using #aclassictwist so we can see what you are baking up in your kitchen!