Chocolate Nutella Tart
Hopefully, I had you at Nutella. If you are gluten-free and vegan, you will love this Chocolate Nutella Tart. Not only is the chewy coconut almond crust mouth-watering but the creamy chocolate coconut ganache is to-die-for.
If you are new around here, you may not know that one of my most popular recipes on the blog is a chocolate coconut tart with a coconut crust that is gluten-free and decadent. This recipe returns to my top-5 every year as it is a great one and just solid. One day, I was making it for a friend and I decided I wanted to add something else to it. So I added Nutella to the chocolate filling and that is how this variation was born.
Adding hazelnut to an already yummy almond-coconut crust was the first good decision here. It adds a rich flavor to the crust which is the only baked part of this recipe. A quick 10 minutes and the crust is toasty.
For the filling, a good quality chocolate bar is melted with coconut milk and we then whisk in some Nutella or hazelnut spread of your choice. While the recipe can be vegan, I use Nutella in mine which is not vegan but you can use a vegan hazelnut spread to ensure it meets your dietary needs.
Finally, the topping. Don’t skip these! They add lots of crunch and flavors for this simple tart. I decided on fresh raspberries, pistachios, and toasted hazelnuts.
The result is an absolute delight! This Nutella chocolate tart is that go-to dessert you need in your back pocket. It is perfect for dinner parties, or when you have a chocolate craving.
If you are not convinced, let me walk you through how to make this easy no-bake tart! If you are not interested in the pictures, no worries, scroll to the end for the recipe.
To make the crust, grab your food processor and combine the almond meal, coconut flakes, hazelnuts, and salt. You will want to pulse to combine ingredients.
In a smaller container, you want to melt the coconut oil and agave or maple syrup together. Pour this combination into the food processor and pulse until the mixture is well mixed.
Press the crust into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch tart pan. Use the flat bottom of a cup to press hard.
Now you want to bake the crust in the heated oven for 10-12 minutes until golden and firm. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
Now let’s move on to the filing which is personally my favorite part.
In a medium mixing bowl, place the chopped chocolate and set it aside.
In a small saucepan, bring the coconut milk to boil gently. Now, you will want to pour the milk over the chopped chocolate and let stand for 2 minutes before stirring until smooth and creamy.
Whisk in the vanilla extract and the best part — Nutella.
You will pour the chocolate ganache into the cooled tart shell. You want to chill until set, which will be at least three hours or overnight.
Now top with toasted hazelnuts, pistachios, coarse salt, and fresh raspberries.
I suggest storing leftovers refrigerated for up to one week. If you need to prep these early, it’s great because you can refrigerate them ahead of time and they will still be delicious.
This will soon be one of your favorite desserts to serve and it’s great to give to neighbors during the holiday especially if anyone has food allergies. The hazelnut spread in this recipe really creates an even more creamy-thick texture for the ganache filling. The results are literally perfection.
If you fell in love with this tart you will want to try the Classic Lemon Tart, Chocolate Coconut Tart, or browse all of my different tart recipes.
More Tarts and Pie Recipes
- No Bake Peppermint Mocha Pie
- Peanut Butter S’Mores Pie
- Chocolate Cream Pie Recipe
- Salted Cashew Chocolate Tart
- No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
Did you enjoy the Chocolate Nutella Tart? I know I always do! But if you did, please tell me in the comment section below. You know I love hearing what you think of every recipe I’ve shared with you. If you are on social media please make sure to tag #aclassictwist so I can see how you brought a recipe to life. I love seeing you bake with me and bring them into your home.
Chocolate Nutella Tart
A decadent gluten free and vegan chocolate coconut tart that starts with a chewy coconut almond crust and is filled with creamy chocolate coconut ganache.
For the Crust:
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1¼ cups almond meal/flour
- ¼ cup toasted hazelnuts
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple or agave syrup
For Chocolate Filling:
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped (I like using 8 ounces bittersweet and 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate)
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup Nutella or hazelnut spread (use a Vegan Hazelnut spread such as this)
For the Toppings:
- ½ cup pistachios
- ¼ cup toasted hazelnuts
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Coarse sea salt (optional)
To make Tart Crust:
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. In the bowl of a food processor, combine the coconut flakes, almond meal, hazelnuts, and salt. Pulse to combine. In a small container, melt the coconut oil and maple or agave syrup together. Pour into the food processor and pulse until well mixed.
- Press the crust into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch tart pan. Use the flat bottom of a cup to press hard.
- Bake crust in the heated oven for 10-12 minutes until golden and firm. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
To make Filling:
- In a medium mixing bowl, place the chopped chocolate and set it aside. In a small saucepan, bring the coconut milk to boil gently. Pour the milk over the chopped chocolate and let stand for 2 minutes before stirring until smooth and creamy. Whisk in the vanilla extract and Nutella.
- Pour the chocolate ganache into the cooled tart shell. Chill until set, at least three hours or overnight.
- Top with toasted hazelnuts, pistachios, coarse salt, and fresh raspberries.
- Store leftovers refrigerated for up to one week.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.